PDA

View Full Version : wood burning stoves

mussett
20-07-2013, 11:48 AM
just a general ? are we as child minders ok with having a wood/multi fuel stove in our homes are ofsed ok with these being on as in the process of having one put in before the winter months any help much appreciated Jo

rickysmiths
20-07-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't see why not. You would have to have a secure guard around it just like any other fire.

Bambini2
20-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Ofsted have never commented on mine but have always been inspected when it's not alight. Just have a very secure fireguard. During the winter we tend to make it up last thing at night so that the room is warm enough for the daytime. It would be like the tropics with it alight + 3 children. Don't forget to get the chimney swept by a professional so you have got a certificate to show Ofsted (and your insurers in case of a house fire that it is safe). I used to love sweeping our chimney but had to give it up as I can't issue myself a certificate. During one very cold winter my husband did light it earlier than usual and was putting more fuel on when a child piped up and said" that's enough ......I like to see the flames" !:laughing:

ktdg85
20-07-2013, 01:34 PM
I would say yes, it is still your home!! You just need to make sure that you put everything in place for the children to be safe!