PDA

View Full Version : Child Minding Flexible Contact

Tina Sahrp
20-07-2013, 11:27 AM
:panic:
Im just about to have a new contract with one of the children I have been caring for over the past couple of years and its a flexible contract. Parents want me to just have her occasional during the school holidays and odd hour so I need to make out a new contract. Does anyone use one? and if so would you be kind in helping me write one out or if I could have a cheek and a copy of yours, or someone to tell me what a flexible contract should be like and say? Thanks in advance a confused child minder ….... Tina

Kiddleywinks
20-07-2013, 11:47 AM
What you're after is an 'Ad-Hoc' contract (as and when required)

Hope this helps

Goatgirl
20-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi,
If this was me and I already had a contract with the family for this child I would just add a page (duplicated and both signed and dated by all parties) to the existing contract stating all new conditions, start date etc... :thumbsup:

pinkellifun
20-07-2013, 02:47 PM
I have exactly the same contract as normal except I write in big letters at the top 'ADHOC' and that's it. Then I tell them that because they are not paying (in my case) for any set hours, only what they use, then they will have to check with me to see if I have the space before I can say yes, I'll care for them that day.

HTH

Bluebell
21-07-2013, 04:45 PM
exactly what pinkellifun said.

i've had a contract with parents and I've been quite flexible with them and it became a problem when they expected me to keep certain days for them and turn down new regular customers for days they weren't contracted for and didnt pay for when they didn't use - er no!
I had been really clear and i had even offered them the day, before i offered it to someone else, but I think they missed the point of what i was saying!

definitely be clear that it is only theirs if you have the space. if they book it they must pay for it even if it isn't then used because you may then turn someone else away!

good luck

Kiddleywinks
21-07-2013, 04:59 PM
I use my own paperwork for ad hoc or short term purely so I don't 'waste' my MM contracts (but then I'm a skinflint like that :laughing:)

tulip0803
21-07-2013, 06:08 PM
I use my own paperwork for ad hoc or short term purely so I don't 'waste' my MM contracts (but then I'm a skinflint like that :laughing:)

I do this. I get them to sign their agreement to the contract. On my Adhoc contract I have a separate box that I get them to sign again to say they understand that I can only offer a space if one is available.

Katie1980
24-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Just what I was after for a Pay as you go contract