PDA

View Full Version : Care for just one day?

sprinkles
18-07-2013, 06:50 PM
There's a show in the area in September and I've had a mum contact me asking if I can look after their child on the Thursday afternoon and all day Friday as they are selling at the show and not from the area.

Has anyone ever done this? What would I need in place and how much would you charge?

sing-low
18-07-2013, 06:58 PM
There's a show in the area in September and I've had a mum contact me asking if I can look after their child on the Thursday afternoon and all day Friday as they are selling at the show and not from the area.

Has anyone ever done this? What would I need in place and how much would you charge?

I've never done it and probably wouldn't - too many unknowns. I suggest you ask where they got your details from and meet both parent and child beforehand. Also full payment up front, contract and permissions signed, policies read and signed to say they'd been read. No idea about charging - usual fee plus a bit more?

Becci26
18-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Yes I would and have done in the past.

It's up to u how much u charge, I just charge my usual hourly rate but some charge an enhanced fee for ad hoc.

I would insist on meeting before hand though, and all paperwork to be filled out - emergency contact details, allergies and permission forms etc. a contract is not necessary. Take payment in advance also. X

kellib
18-07-2013, 07:33 PM
I've done it, had an LO for 2 mornings one week only. Mum came round the week before to fill in paperwork etc and I just charged my normal rate. All was fine :)

sprinkles
18-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Not sure if it's different in Scotland? I'm not sure where she's from so I've asked to see if it would be feasible to meet beforehand.

She contacted me through SCMA.

lizduncan72
18-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Not sure if it's different in Scotland? I'm not sure where she's from so I've asked to see if it would be feasible to meet beforehand.

She contacted me through SCMA.

I've done it for an afternoon before for someone to attend a funeral. Just make sure you have contact details, any health issues, allergies etc and get paid in advance. Up to you what to charge, I just did normal fees x