PDA

View Full Version : Urghhh

charlottenash
18-07-2013, 03:30 PM
So my 4yo mindee is ad hoc I only find out day before that I have him. Usually it's a 5.30 pick up, mum said it will be early today at 5.

I've just fed them all, get a text saying it won't be until 5.30 now. I deliberately didn't feed my son so I could go out and treat him to dinner. My son goes to bed at 6.30 so now everything will be late.

Irritated. Urghhhhh

charlottenash
18-07-2013, 03:31 PM
3yo************

Tunja
18-07-2013, 04:06 PM
So my 4yo mindee is ad hoc I only find out day before that I have him. Usually it's a 5.30 pick up, mum said it will be early today at 5.

I've just fed them all, get a text saying it won't be until 5.30 now. I deliberately didn't feed my son so I could go out and treat him to dinner. My son goes to bed at 6.30 so now everything will be late.

Irritated. Urghhhhh

Unfortunately the general population has no awareness of others. They lack empathy and are therefore unable to consider someone elses needs.
I blame Margaret Thatcher and her every man for himself policy.

charlottenash
18-07-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm not bothered about the money aspect either, time with my son is very precious!

sarah707
18-07-2013, 04:50 PM
The heat isn't helping :( all the children are hot and bothered :(

Maybe plan tea out for another evening when you are not so rushed. Beans and egg on toast are quick! :thumbsup:

Hugs xx

oxfordshirecm
18-07-2013, 04:54 PM
I hate it when that happens... Nan was 45mins late yesterday picking up the mindees as her other son car broke down so she had to pick his children up from his childminder- wouldn't mind but only got a call after 40 mins if them bring late to say they are running late... Didn't get to eat till 8:40pm and had been such a hectic day hasn't managed to eat all day so felt so faint by the time I did x

charlottenash
18-07-2013, 06:30 PM
The point is Sarah I planned it for tonight, when I wasn't going to be rushed, its just so frustrating. Luckily my oh came home and cooked a lovely curry and rice, we all sat down and ate as a family although my son still was late for bed but there you go.

I'm off for a nice bubbly bath now. :)

blue bear
18-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and say no when they ask for extra, it works wonders the occasional no because I have made plans. Often parents forget that it's work for you and because you work at home doesn't mean you don't make plans for when work finishes.

charlottenash
18-07-2013, 09:27 PM
It was meant to be his dad collecting whose flight was delayed. His mum works 30 mins away on a bus, and therefore by the time she text me she could never have made it. A bit of clever timing there. No sorry when she picked him up but did bring my son a sweet which was sweet of her. Me man handling it off him until we had the dinner we were waiting for was another battle altogether.

All in all its a one off, and I'm going to make sure it stays that way! Thanks for listening to my grumble of the day :)

smurfette
18-07-2013, 10:21 PM
I do hate that too.. Have learned the hard way not to get too excited and make plans when I get promises of early pick ups after being burnt like you! I know we are paid Til x time but as pp said people forget we make plans for after work!!