PDA

View Full Version : drinks

yummyripples
18-07-2013, 01:13 PM
At a group this morning a childminder I vaguely know wouldn't give a child a drink. I tried not to judge cos obviously there could be underlying reasons. She obviously knew I heard so came over to explain. The reason for it was that she wouldn't go to the toilet.
Is it a reason? I don't get it?

JCrakers
18-07-2013, 01:16 PM
If a child didnt go to the toilet then surely a drink would make it go?

Sounds a bit harsh

Bumble Beez
18-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I've got a little one who is funny about using toilets that aren't his own or at my house...you know, somewhere familiar...so I do tend to try to limit the amount of liquid he has when we're out at groups, walk, etc...just incase...
However in this heat I've been more relaxed and touch wood he's had no accidents yet!!

Sarah x

Mouse
18-07-2013, 01:18 PM
It sounds a bit odd, but I suppose unless you know they whole story it's hard to know whether it's justified or not.

cathtee
18-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Seems very harsh to me, we all need plenty of fluids this weather and to be honest my los that wee a lot normally are not at moment as sweating alot, so even if this child is toilet training and she thinks reducing fluids will help she will be doing the child more harm than good. It's everyone's human right to have a drink when they want one.

yummyripples
18-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I didn't say anything to her. She obviously had her reasons but it didn't seem right.
Should I have said anything x

FizzWizz
18-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Seems a bit strange in this weather-Our local authority are sending us repeated emails left, right and centre telling us to get children drinking in the hot weather.

I'm having the opposite battle trying to encourage mine to drink!

oxfordshirecm
18-07-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm struggling to get my lo's to drink as well unless its juice :/