PDA

View Full Version : other half

Emmalou77
18-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Does anyone else have their other half at home whilst minding because mine thinks he can get tools out and start doing diy whilst kids are playing, not locking safety gates behind him and creating more work for me. :-\

butterfly
18-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Sounds exactly like mine! Leaves stuff lying around, putting on the tv, and sitting around when parents arrive! Drives me insane!

charlottenash
18-07-2013, 12:49 PM
My oh works as he pleases, this week he's been here all week.

Drives me NUTS! He's a feeder to begin with, I've had to train him he can't just give kids food when he feels like it. He doesn't understand that putting the hand soap up high whilst he has a shave, and then not putting it back causes me a headache. He doesn't get the safety thing either.

Upside? He cooks their dinner, and beautiful dinners at that. He will do my sons school run, help entertain the kids with some fantastic ideas and he generally is fantastic at all things handy.

All part of the fun I guess!

Twinkling Stars
18-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Oh yes! Ha ha. Mines the same except he hasnt got a clue about DIY. He does leave all the gates open. Mindees now say "is xxxx in? He has left the gates open again" :-)

watgem
18-07-2013, 01:12 PM
glad i'm not the only one lol,

yummyripples
18-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Mines rerired - aargh

Bumble Beez
18-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Lol! Yeah mi DH can be a bit like that...but normally he'll go out and find something to do for a while!
There was one time I came home from school run to find the sofa out, mess everywhere, drill cables across the floor etc as he decided to put the mirror up for me...nice thought, but wrong timing lol :)

Sarah x

shortstuff
18-07-2013, 01:23 PM
mine finished early last night, came in ate his plated up dinner. But then washed up and took over entertaining the LO's while I actually did uninterrupted handovers.

It was great x

JCrakers
18-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Mine works from home 2-3 days a week and hes really good. He'll come down for a cuppa and all the mindees will shout 'Hello'
Then he'll kick a ball around or play peek a boo over the worktop.....which winds them into a mad frenzy, then he goes back upstairs and leaves me to calm them down.....:laughing:

The only problem I have with him working upstairs is I have to have a quiet in the hallway rule. Most children are excellent but a couple just make more noise. One Dad in particular encourages it, these children have been coming here for 6yrs and we've tried various tactics to stop the unruly behaviour at hometime. Dad never helps as he'd made up a shouting game for the children to play, the other day I had a go at him as I lost my patience. It had run out after 10hrs at work...... lol

oxfordshirecm
18-07-2013, 04:39 PM
My dh comes home at 10am and expects a sandwich waiting for him- even tho it's snack time here too so busy time and finishes at 4pm and starts clearing up putting toys away etc even though kids don't go home till 6;30 lol

Emmalou77
18-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks for your input ladies, i have to admit he does entertain the kids, make lunch and do school runs when i need him to, think the heat must have got to us today! lol

VeggieSausage
18-07-2013, 05:59 PM
I would literally have to kill mine if he was at home while childminding, wouldn't do anything to help ever, would leave a mess, avoid children, oh no this will never happen, I would have to get another job seriously......:panic::panic::panic:

oxfordshirecm
18-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Haha the kids do seen to love him tho (even if he does steal their toys)

Gem wright
18-07-2013, 08:08 PM
My hubby works with me! The LOs love him and so do the parents. I do believe he makes such a good impact having a hands on male around. Surprising how many don't have one at home, a male at home maybe but a hands on one highly unlikely. Such a shame.