PDA

View Full Version : Gave notice, parent stormed out...

hannahemilie
17-07-2013, 06:44 PM
After 2 years of misery I have finally had enough. Constant screaming, tantrums, constant grumpiness and grunting. Total lack of communication by parents (they walk off when i try to talk to them!) I gave them 7, yes 7 weeks notice this morning. Mum just said why didn't you tell me sooner? Then stormed off leaving me with her kids. She couldn't get away from me quick enough she almost fell over. Leaving me trying to talk to her open mouthed like a goldfish. I texted her after saying sorry if I upset you etc, no reply. But i expected that, there is no communication whatsoever... How do you deal with this awkwardness now? She's supposed to bring them throughout the holidays and ill see her in September in the playground and now there's bad blood!! I am glad it's done. But will miss the screamers sister, she was a sweetheart. Shame they come as a pair :(

VeggieSausage
17-07-2013, 06:47 PM
big hugs to you, don't worry about it, enjoy the summer and be glad it is all coming to an end and your life will improve....

sprinkles
17-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Well done you for doing what was right for you!! I hope she came back for the kids.....

hannahemilie
17-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks...

I didn't have to see her as I dropped him at preschool and she picked him up from there!!

Stapleton83
17-07-2013, 09:05 PM
At least it is done now and I am sure that things may cool off after a little while. If she says anything else tell her you could have just given her x number of weeks notice instead or you can cancel the contract now - assuming you want to/can afford to.

If she has been like that all the way through I salute you for waiting this long to give notice.

Sam x

hectors house
17-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Hope you get a good nights sleep and that the next 7 weeks pass quickly.

karen m
18-07-2013, 06:53 AM
I understand hoping a child settles but why would you hold out for 2 years also why have you given 7 weeks notice,

jackie 7
18-07-2013, 08:00 AM
I hope the time goes fast.

Ripeberry
18-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Amazed that you lasted so long. But I'd stick to contract. If it's 4 weeks then stick to it. Hope it all goes very fast for you. :)

oxfordshirecm
18-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Big hugs the hardest bit is done by giving the notice (I know this as went through same situ recently) if you meet her in playground smile at her you have done nothing wrong

hannahemilie
18-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Thanks everyone. And Karen I've given 7 weeks notice as that's when I want to quit and that's when I have my new baby starting. It's up to her if she wants to go past 4weeks! Why I lasted 2 years? Cos I wanted the money quite frankly. Now I don't. That ok with you? Good.

hannahemilie
18-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes dreading seeing her in the playground but I will smile and be polite :) I understand she might be miffed but I have been polite and have not made it personal by mentioning its because of her son. For all she knows I could be starting a new job, be ill or starting uni for example. But she didnt ask on her way out!

hannahemilie
18-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Yes I could give 4 weeks but I don't mind the 7 as I know there's an end in sight. And i thought it would be nice to give her the whole summer to find someone else. She won't communicate with me right now so I don't know what she wants to do. Ill just have to wait and see...

oxfordshirecm
18-07-2013, 05:48 PM
I think your being more than fair giving her 7 weeks notice. I lasted 19 months with a horrible family that were a nightmare- they were two full time ey children so heavily relued on the money so relieved when I finally did. You won't know what's hit you when they finally go. I gave notice without having replacement but 4 weeks after they left I'm full again with a waiting list :)

hannahemilie
18-07-2013, 05:53 PM
That's all that kept me going, the money! I bet it feels amazing when they're gone. That sounds awful!

Samijanec
18-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Poor you, must have been quite nerve racking knowing you had to tell her but its done now.

I hope you don't get too much grief in the mean time. Xx

oxfordshirecm
18-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Don't even know the half of it- certainly learnt a lot from that family. But yes it was a wonderful feeling and now I am so picky with who I take on

Samijanec
18-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Don't even know the half of it- certainly learnt a lot from that family. But yes it was a wonderful feeling and now I am so picky with who I take on

I think we all just take anyone on at first, we just can't be fussy.
I have one about to leave who's just been a nightmare. He was my first after I registered and I needed to get started.i knew from his first visit he was going to be hard work. ( he kicked and punched mum) but I took him as I just couldn't be fussy. Now I am fussy, had two boys have a settling in period a few weeks back and at the endof it I just said I don't think I can help you. I was diplomatic but no way... :D

oxfordshirecm
18-07-2013, 06:34 PM
It's always hard saying no especially when mum looks pleadingly at you- but never again- I have grown a pair finally

hannahemilie
18-07-2013, 06:37 PM
He was my first daytime child too. I should have followed my gut when he screamed for 3 weeks at the beginning! But lesson learnt! Will be very fussy in future. My new girl is a dream and I love her already!

karen m
18-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Bit harsh reply to me I think , I just asked a question and to be fair if the child is so bad I would only give notice required in contract, as for needing the money I would never just keep a child on for that reason . Just my opinion

sprinkles
18-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Bit harsh reply to me I think , I just asked a question and to be fair if the child is so bad I would only give notice required in contract, as for needing the money I would never just keep a child on for that reason . Just my opinion

Unfortunately for some they don't have an option. It's just like any job - some of us can't just quit because we don't like it! I'd have done that a long time ago but we can't afford for me not to work so I'm having to stick at it until my mindees start in August.

hannahemilie
18-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Not harsh, truthful reply. The way I saw it the majority of the population hate their jobs but they have to work or who would pay the bills? Im a single parent, I've no one else to pay my electricity bill.... So i got on with it.

Anyway sprinkles I'm sorry you're in that situation it sucks, just think of the money ;/

sprinkles
18-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks! I've only got 4 weeks to go :D can't wait! Hand my notice in next week although had a near miss tonight - I was at my weigh in and there was another childminder in front of me and her and the woman behind me were asking about when I start etc and the girl I work next to was only 2 people in front lol

hannahemilie
18-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Lol. Lets hope the next 4 weeks fly by for us both ;)