PDA

View Full Version : Pee ing in the garden.

little chickee
17-07-2013, 05:05 PM
whats your opinion on mindees peeing in the garden?

My 4 yo boy mindee yesterday just dropped his trousers and peed in the garden.
Now i don't allow this as i think its unhygienic. Ok maybe in the early days of toilet training but not just bacause you can't be bothered to go in to the house.

I explained that it wasn't acceptable and he got quite upset.

Just wondering what you all think.

JCrakers
17-07-2013, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't allow it as the toilet is just inside. I do allow children to use the bushes at the park because there isn't a toilet nearby but peeing in the garden is not on. I'd put a stop to that before he thinks he can do it again.

Koala
17-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Definately not in my garden, I have been known to help littlies pee in bushes or on the car wheel (which they like :D ) but only if caught short and its an emergency

alex1604
17-07-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm afraid I let a 4 year old wee in the garden today. All the children were in the paddling pool so meant I didn't have to leave them and he didn't walk through the house sopping wet to get to the loo. I made him go right at the back in the bushes and I wouldn't do it normally as I agree they can just go inside but today was an exception.

sing-low
17-07-2013, 05:41 PM
I only wish my DD _would_ pull her trousers down. We've backtracked on potty training since the weather's been so nice. Sigh!

Was he upset because he's allowed to pee in his garden at home and was confused that the rules are different with you?

Zoomie
17-07-2013, 06:11 PM
When DS2 was toilet training I made the mistake of allowing him to pee in the garden. Thereafter he only wanted to pee in the garden and it stank. Eventually we retrained him, but I'll never allow it again.

Now we have a potty on the patio that the children can use when we have the paddling pool out.

Samijanec
17-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Not in my garden, but in trees and bushes when there isn't a loo about..

little chickee
17-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Was he upset because he's allowed to pee in his garden at home and was confused that the rules are different with you?

I assume that yes he is allowed to pee in the garden at home otherwise i don't think he would have done it. I just wondered if i was over reacting by not allowing it but i'm still of the opinion that i don't like it.

I have 3 boys of my own and didnt allow it for them either. Its just another example of minded children having to accept different rules here than at home .

charlottenash
17-07-2013, 06:56 PM
I'd still want them to wash their hands which would mean a trip to the bathroom anyway, stop it now while you can.

sing-low
17-07-2013, 06:57 PM
I agree. I think it's really good for children to learn that there are different rules in different places or for different people. Helps their minds to be flexible.

blue bear
17-07-2013, 07:28 PM
I had a lo do it recently also aged 4, I explained he can't do it in my garden as it would be bad for the rabbit he took the explanation well, not being told off as such which is really confusing for this aged child when it's normal at home. (I've never had a child do this before in 16 years of minding and certainly don't want it, rabbit or not)

teacakepenguin
17-07-2013, 08:28 PM
What did the parent say when they collected him?

I wouldn't have been happy either.
Jx

Stapleton83
17-07-2013, 08:53 PM
No I wouldn't let them it is unhygienic although I was at the school Summer fete when a LO pulled down his trousers and wee'd on the bushes! :laughing:

His dad was mortified and explained that he did it at home, he starts school soon I think so that could be interesting.

Sam x

FizzWizz
17-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Oh dear, definite no no in my garden as there is no need-the toilet is close by.

Out and about is a different matter when it can take 15 mins to heard everyone from the park to a toilet!

angeldelight
17-07-2013, 10:29 PM
whats your opinion on mindees peeing in the garden?

My 4 yo boy mindee yesterday just dropped his trousers and peed in the garden.
Now i don't allow this as i think its unhygienic. Ok maybe in the early days of toilet training but not just bacause you can't be bothered to go in to the house.

I explained that it wasn't acceptable and he got quite upset.

Just wondering what you all think.

I wouldn't allow it but I wonder if his parents allow it so it could have been normal to him ? So that would confuse him ?

I wouldn't make a big deal out of it but if it happens again just ask him to let you know when he wants to go so you can take him straight in.

Hopefully it won't happen again

Angel xx

The Juggler
17-07-2013, 10:37 PM
i had a child do this at about 3 1/2. only ever happened once. Think they must've been in a park/out and about at the weekend and saw no differnece. Once I spoke to him it never happened again :panic:

karen m
18-07-2013, 06:38 AM
No no no never in my garden , my boys never did it . This is another reason for not having a paddling pool by time they are all out feet dried to walk through house child will have had accident

bunyip
18-07-2013, 07:07 AM
I wish they'd pee in my compost bin. Lovely free nitrogen. :D

Petshrinklj
18-07-2013, 07:20 AM
No I wouldn't allow it. Accidents I could accept or if he was no where near toilet facilities. Little boys have a habbit of leaving it till very last second. But what would he do once h had peed outside then go inside to wash hands. I'm guessing he just didn't bother. I think your right to tell him its unacceptable otherwise he and the other children her see him do it will think its ok. Who will then pee in their garden at home and I'd imagine you'd get complaints. It's not a good look either if neighbours look out. Certainly wouldn't be allowed to do that at school so sorting this behaviour is part of preparing for school readiness.

When I was potty training my son. He took the potty outside put it at top of picnic table and climbed up and sat on it there. No idea why lol. It amused me so much i took a photo (for future bribery when he's older lol. )

Male pee is supposed to stop foxes getting in garden so maybe I would allow it once lol to protect my chickens. ;)

ziggy
18-07-2013, 07:27 AM
I've had boys do this over the years but i just explain we dont do it in my garden.

Although my recently potty trained 2yr old mindee got in a panic as we emptied paddling pool the other day and ended up doing it on grass then little girl tried to copy!

I've decided to leave potty outside while we have paddling pool out, as i'm worried about them leaving it till the last minute then slipping with wet feet on tiled floors

yummyripples
18-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Definately not in my garden, I have been known to help littlies pee in bushes or on the car wheel (which they like :D ) but only if caught short and its an emergency

What is it about the car wheel? Mine love it

oxfordshirecm
18-07-2013, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't allow full stop!

Kerry1981
20-07-2013, 07:22 AM
I've had this...I look after a brother and sister who are 2.5 and 3.5, both are toilet trained. When I spoke to their mum at pick up she looked very very sheepish and told me she lets them do it at home. (The mind boggles).
After I explained to the little offender that we should use the toilet and not the garden and to tell me if they needed a wee wee, I had them pee 4 times on the same day on my living room floor. Not the best of days.
Since then, nothing. Speak to the parent/s. Rules are rules. Letting kids pee wherever they want is only confusing for them.
With that sorted, I'm now working on not jumping on the sofa, not snatching, not pushing and hitting each other - all of which they're allowed to do at home and are never told no.
Oh the joys!!!