PDA

View Full Version : Parent Interested Already

Cheeky
09-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi Ladies

I only just sent my OFSTED forms off a few weeks ago but ive had someone ask me if i will take their child in September but dont want to commit to saying yes in case in not registered in time.

I live in Newbury, West Berks, does anyone know roughly how long it should take in this area? Is there anything i can do to push things along quicker?

Thanks for any advice.

Nic x

foxy lady
09-07-2008, 11:16 AM
well done thats great you have got interest already.
i think that you would be pushing it to be ready for sept
you will have to keep calling them hopefully they will get fed up with you calling and hurry it though
it took ages to get mine done i noticed that one person on here said she got it done in 7 weeks start to finish
good luck

Mrs.L.C
09-07-2008, 11:26 AM
I know a childminder who was registered within 2 months of sending her forms off. You could always ring Ofsted and tell them the situation to see if they can rush it along

Mollymop
09-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I hope that your process is quick! I know that, no matter how hard you rush these things along it can still take time though. I rush ofest, social cerives and CRB and it took me 5 months, for example, i sent my application off in December and didn't become registered until the very last day in April. My CRB checks were clear, as was hubbys, my social services check was clear and I have no health problems but it still took all that time.
I hope yours doesn't tke this long, most don't it was mainly social servies holding everything up as they said they had a backlog.

Good luck with it all, and well done for getting your first enquiry.