PDA

View Full Version : First wasps

TooEarlyForGin?
17-07-2013, 10:30 AM
My DH noticed that he hadn't seen any wasps yet this year. I am sat outside near my log pile and their are loads munching away at the logs. Another outdoor danger!!

Samijanec
17-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Ohh no, I hate them I have bad reactions to them. :(

clareelizabeth1
17-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Did you run. Whenever I see them I want to run.

oxfordshirecm
17-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Now you come to mention it we haven't had any yet here either - normally can't have a BBQ without being under attack

Rubybubbles
17-07-2013, 05:21 PM
We've had loads of bumble bees my dd got stun on her toe today!! Poor mite

Seen a few wasps but not enough to panic about

supermumy
17-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I've got a wasp neat above my front door in the wood council refusing I do anything so I now have to find the money for someone to come out and kill it Grrrr

harleyrider
17-07-2013, 11:04 PM
I've got a wasp neat above my front door in the wood council refusing I do anything so I now have to find the money for someone to come out and kill it Grrrr

Where are you? I had one in my shed phoned a lovely man (company) he came first thing next morning and only charged £40... he even posed for pictures for our bug theme :-)
My friend asked him about one she has underground in her garden he advised waiting until night and squirting ant powder into the hole they were using??

Samijanec
18-07-2013, 06:24 AM
Thankfully I still haven't seen and, tons of bumble bees though.

supermumy
18-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Where are you? I had one in my shed phoned a lovely man (company) he came first thing next morning and only charged £40... he even posed for pictures for our bug theme :-)
My friend asked him about one she has underground in her garden he advised waiting until night and squirting ant powder into the hole they were using??

I'm in south east London
My neighbour has offered to squirt wasp killer in it late a night at the weekend for me :)