PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about dropbox

Rubybubbles
17-07-2013, 09:39 AM
I had a web link for my sons prom with a huge amount of photos and though what a great way to share photos with parents rather than CDs pen sticks ect (email files far too big!!)

So does anyone use Dropbox? I have seen its a great place for files ect too so like a cloud really I'm guessing?

How secure is it? Thanks in advance

Bumble Beez
17-07-2013, 10:08 AM
I live Dropbox...you can access certain files if you put them in a public folder but if you keep them in a secure file then you need to log in to access them.

I upload all my pictures to Dropbox and its awesome as I've got it on my ipad, android phone and pc which all automatically update when a new picture is uploaded :)

Sarah x

AliceK
17-07-2013, 10:59 AM
I live Dropbox...you can access certain files if you put them in a public folder but if you keep them in a secure file then you need to log in to access them.

I upload all my pictures to Dropbox and its awesome as I've got it on my ipad, android phone and pc which all automatically update when a new picture is uploaded :)

Sarah x

I do the same. All photos I take are automatically uploaded to my dropbox. I have also put files in there, kind of like a back-up incase anything happens to my computer.

xxx

QualityCare
17-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Every thing l do on the laptop and want to save is put into dropbox its a good back up if anything goes wrong.

jackie 7
17-07-2013, 12:23 PM
I didn't realise I could store mindees photos there. Will look at doing a file on there.

sarah707
17-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I have dropbox for some of my documents - skydrive is good as well if you have a hotmail account - or Google drive if you use gmail.

They are all as secure as anything else online / in the cloud.

My tip - keep it on the internet by all means, but only as a duplicate. Keep securely on your own computer as well.

Free storage sizes aren't huge so you might find you need a combination :D

Rubybubbles
17-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Thanks for your replies, going to have a good look through.

Just finished work :-(

BuggsieMoo
17-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I store all my documents on skydrive now after my harddrive went bang and I lost everything.

TooEarlyForGin?
17-07-2013, 05:44 PM
I lost a large amount of my NVQ when my laptop died and cried, a lot, someone recommended Dropbox and I haven't looked back, feel much more secure, and can access it from any computer.

loocyloo
17-07-2013, 07:47 PM
hmmm, think I shall investigate drop box ... I keep meaning to, and never getting round to it! ( a bit like saving stuff onto a memory stick! ... I mean to do it each month ... it was almost a year since I last did it! )