Turning to your final request about how many representations the
Department has received against childminder agencies, our records show
that we have recorded 21 items of correspondence and 1 petition of 48
signatures.

REALLY?! Is that it?!

21 items of correspondence?

hectors house
17-07-2013, 09:37 AM
I wrote to individual people (MP's) rather than a whole department - I hope they will take all those letters into account!

SYLVIA
17-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Oh dear I wrote to MP's as well. They may have found a bit of a loop hole there. I do hope they take all our letters into consideration

sarah707
17-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I have proofed and helped to write hundreds of letters - either they didn't get posted or DfE are not counting them :(

If 22 is the real figure then no wonder they are pushing ahead with their plans. As far as they are aware, there's no opposition! :rolleyes:

mum26
17-07-2013, 05:11 PM
I have written to my MP and the House of Lords - I cannot believe that they are only aware of 22 items of correspondence! Maybe we need to write en-masse to DfE.

mum24
17-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I have written to MPs too,

Do we need to start a new petition?

Stapleton83
17-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Perhaps we have to bite the bullet and just re-write to the DfE or start up a new petition as I cannot believe the small numbers quoted.

Sam x

Simona
18-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Maybe they have forgotten the IPPR report with 1,000 cms inputting into it...we also have written to MPs and the Lords (at least I did)

And what about the responses in the Children and Families Bill?? over 200 I believe

The agencies are still going through the Lords in October...so if you have not put your opinion forward DO IT NOW please!!!

Write to your MP or these Lords

Baroness Hughes of Stretford (Labour)
Lord Storey who met with UKCMA

find them here
MPs - UK Parliament (http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/)

It does not have to be an essay ...just a few words stating your opposition and why