PDA

View Full Version : do you ever go through stages of not enjoying cm?

Npg1
16-07-2013, 08:53 PM
I am on a downer. Had really busy first day back after a nice holiday and moving house. Only have 2 little ones. 10 mth old and 19mth old. 10mth old mum quite particular as posted before. Just felt like I cant get motivated today, cant be bothered to do activities, we played in garden mosy of day. Do you ever feel like this?

Mummits
16-07-2013, 09:05 PM
I think it's the heat! Playing in the garden IS an activity in my book. My Dad always says "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" so if my kids are playing happily I let them get on and enjoy it. If they want to do something else which is feasible and not too outrageous or risky, I go with the flow and let them do it, and I only suggest doing something different that I have devised if they seem unhappy or bored (which isn't often). It has to be said that I am getting increasingly laissez-faire as the term winds to a close and the holidays approach.

kims kingdom
16-07-2013, 09:07 PM
I am on a downer. Had really busy first day back after a nice holiday and moving house. Only have 2 little ones. 10 mth old and 19mth old. 10mth old mum quite particular as posted before. Just felt like I cant get motivated today, cant be bothered to do activities, we played in garden mosy of day. Do you ever feel like this?

Its proberbly coz youve come back off hol that your feeling like this..don't get down about it 2moros a new day and after a sleep u might be feeling a lot better planned activites don't need to me done every day (so someone told me) so don't beat yourself up bout that one . Compared to my week yours don't seem to bad xx

primula
16-07-2013, 09:23 PM
We all have days like that, you should start worrying when they turn into weeks and months! It is to hot to do planned activities especially for such little ones, go with the flow of kids and enjoy the garden while you can! That's what we are doing here!

beachgirl29
16-07-2013, 09:28 PM
yes...then i do something un planned or visit another childminder. (guess who?!?) oh and eat all her food and annoy her ;)

Sometimes I hate this job mainly because the crazy parents and paperwork but i am grateful for the time I've had with my daughter i am glad i didn't go back to work. Then again i used to work in a nursery!! :)

loocyloo
16-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I think it's the heat! Playing in the garden IS an activity in my book. My Dad always says "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" so if my kids are playing happily I let them get on and enjoy it. If they want to do something else which is feasible and not too outrageous or risky, I go with the flow and let them do it, and I only suggest doing something different that I have devised if they seem unhappy or bored (which isn't often). It has to be said that I am getting increasingly laissez-faire as the term winds to a close and the holidays approach.

I am totally on wind down for the holidays! I do the bare minimum in the holidays and we spend most of the time out and about having fun!

Npg1
16-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Thanks everyone. I have just had an enquiry for a child to start on friday! Its 10hrs fri, 12hrs mon and 5hrs tuesday but she has said she doesnt have any money til thd end of the month?! I said I would require a deposit of £150 to cover it which would be deducted off the fees for july. Does this sound ok?

Paperwork and parents are a downer!

MessybutHappy
16-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Sorry you are feeling flat, I think we all go through it! I find having a really good review of the children helps, then I get all inspired to think up activities to boost some area or another!!

With regards the parent who didn't have any money, I'd say take the deposit, but it comes off the last months fees, i.e when she or you have served notice. Not being able to pay right at the start rings major alarm bells for me!

Bumble Beez
17-07-2013, 05:18 AM
Paperwork and parents are a downer!

I agree entirely...sometimes the rushing around with the kids, doing different school runs, and only being able to snatch a cold cuppa every now and again I can cope with...it's when I look at paperwork or have an incident with the parents that I get a bit low.
I only get these every so often and when I do I try to focus on all the good things about my job and that helps a lot :)
Trust me, I've found more positives than negatives!!

Chin up Hun...big hugs xx

Sarah x

JCrakers
17-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Yes, I have my ups and downs. It is such a hard job that youre bound to feel like this occasionally. Ive had two really busy days as the holidays have started here and Ive worn myself out.... lol. The weather is awful for working, pushing a double buggy back from the park.

Im looking forward to finishing on Friday for a two week holiday and it cant come sooner. I need a break and then I'll be refreshed for August. Im not keen on school holidays so Im sure by the end of Aug I'll be needing another holiday but when schools go back and I can get into routine 'll be happy.

munch149
17-07-2013, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't say I ever dislike it but I certainly go Through fazes of being unmotivated. Have odd patches where planning gets really thin and there's lots of free play.
Only time I've really hated was when a malicious complaint was made about me (all over money). Sometimes makes you wonder why
We bother

Koala
17-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Sometimes I hate this job mainly because the crazy parents and paperwork :)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: oh so true :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hectors house
17-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Yes - sometimes planning goes out of the window because I just can't be bothered to do any - we have lots of free play then and see where the day takes us - sometimes I think why am I doing this, I could be earning lots more sat on a till in Asda - but then I wouldn't be out and about in the sun in this fantastic weather would I?

TooEarlyForGin?
17-07-2013, 08:04 AM
I am totally on wind down for the holidays! I do the bare minimum in the holidays and we spend most of the time out and about having fun!

Ditto - nothing planned at all, but being in the garden enjoying this rare summer. Hope DO doesn't spring a surprise visit.

Twinkling Stars
17-07-2013, 08:21 AM
I am feeling this too. :-( glad to know.im not alone x

kellyskidz!
17-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Write down what you love and hate about this job. It might not seem so bad on paper.
When I have a bad day I get inspiration from other minders about activities and so on, or I cast my mind back to my old nursery job..things always look brighter then lol. Sending hugs, I'm sure it's just a blip, you'll be fine xx

Bumble Beez
17-07-2013, 09:05 AM
I have an email come in everyday with a positive thought and a motivating saying...today's was...

Enjoy the Journey

Do you feel like you're rushing through life lately? Like each day is nothing more than a list of items on your "to-do" list that you need to check off by the end of the day?

If so, do your best to slow down today and focus on enjoying the journey. We all have obligations and responsibilities, but no one says we can't enjoy life while we're taking care of them, right?

Take a few minutes to breathe now and then, make time for laughter and fun, and at the end of each day recall the precious moments that you will carry with you forever.

Thought it was quite relevant to what we do as minders :)

Sending hugs to everyone who is feeling a little low with work at the moment xx

Sarah x

smurfette
17-07-2013, 09:29 AM
I have an email come in everyday with a positive thought and a motivating saying...today's was...

Enjoy the Journey

Do you feel like you're rushing through life lately? Like each day is nothing more than a list of items on your "to-do" list that you need to check off by the end of the day?

If so, do your best to slow down today and focus on enjoying the journey. We all have obligations and responsibilities, but no one says we can't enjoy life while we're taking care of them, right?

Take a few minutes to breathe now and then, make time for laughter and fun, and at the end of each day recall the precious moments that you will carry with you forever.

Sarah x

Like that thanks for sharing Xx feels like my life right now!

Npg1
17-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks everyone. Feel more positive today and going to try a new group this afternoon.

Kirstylob
17-07-2013, 10:17 AM

Enjoy the Journey

Sarah x

I think that's very relevant to all of us whether or not we are having a bad day a d it certainly makes you stop and think. Thanks for sharing. x

Roseolivia
17-07-2013, 10:59 AM
I just go with the flow, due to the lovely weather we've had lots of days in the garden. My thinking is in the colder/wetter weather we don't get out much as my garden floods really easily and stays wet for ages so we're making the most of this glorious weather. I think i'm winding down to my holidays too, ready for time off, have had 2 days off since January.

Koala
17-07-2013, 11:12 AM

Enjoy the Journey

Sarah x

That's lovely, I like the emails that come in and say - a childcare payment has been made into your bank account - that keeps me going. :D

eddie
17-07-2013, 11:50 AM
That's lovely, I like the emails that come in and say - a childcare payment has been made into your bank account - that keeps me going. :D

Same here! They really make my day!!! :clapping:

CLL
17-07-2013, 12:03 PM

I love these ones too!
I also like the texts from parents that say they are having a day off and will keep lo with them for the day. Not that I don't love looking after them but it is nice to have a quieter day or a day off unexpectedly.

oxfordshirecm
17-07-2013, 05:50 PM
I think we all have these days- it's hot everyone is tired and I always get the holiday blues. Get out and do something different take advantage of the sun :)