PDA

View Full Version : glad thats over

kims kingdom
16-07-2013, 05:37 PM
so my mindees mum came to pick up the things she had left here buggy etc..
was so rude didn't even look at me I handed everything to her and printed a new bill so said ill put that in the bag if u like she snatched it off me and clearly wanted to look even though I had told her how much she owed me I hate the bad feeling.
anyway before this I text her this morning and said so we are both happy u get your stuff i require cash today which it wasn't said in a nasty way got a text from the dad to say he will pay into my bank later which i obviously will be checking i didn't really want to give stuff back without payment but she was already coming round which when i gave her everything she didn't even say bye so rude yes i made a mistake by taking him to the doctors with my son but i took him to toddler groups the indoor play area which i said to her i never charged for beginging to think i wish i had but told her i didn't want paying for them as i enjoy it and its part of my job.
I hate to think that shes still cross with me and hope she doesn't contact Ofsted also.
I didn't even sleep last night through worrying about it but im done now thinking about it im going away to chessington this week and cant wait just me husband and my two children.
that's it like chatting on here instead of running on to husband as people on here understand and possible relate to rude parents.

munch149
16-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Sorry missed original post but did she get upset cos you took her child to docs?

sarah707
16-07-2013, 05:52 PM
When my 2 were young I often took childminded children on appointments with us! We made it fun - we learned about the doctor / dentist, got leaflets for role play, talked about what was happening etc. It was all fully risk assessed and parents never saw it as a problem!

So sorry you have been upset Kim x

Nicola Carlyle
16-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Not sure I'm getting what this is all about. Was there an earlier post? x

kims kingdom
16-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Sorry missed original post but did she get upset cos you took her child to docs?

yes wrote on here a couple of days ago my son had tonsillitis which I didn't know and lo was here when the appointment was I was in and out within 10mins and told the mum that I take him to toddler groups etc.. but she got very annoyed and stopped bringing him.
gotta check bank in bit fingers crossed he's paid

kims kingdom
16-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Not sure I'm getting what this is all about. Was there an earlier post? x

yes posted on here a couple of days ago mum was annoyed that I didn't tell her my son tonsillitis and that I didn't call her to say my son had it.

ziggy
16-07-2013, 07:36 PM
yes wrote on here a couple of days ago my son had tonsillitis which I didn't know and lo was here when the appointment was I was in and out within 10mins and told the mum that I take him to toddler groups etc.. but she got very annoyed and stopped bringing him.
gotta check bank in bit fingers crossed he's paid

How sad, sorry to hear she has got so upset over that, hope it's all over soon and you get paid.

I have often taken children to appointments with me, although i always let parents know first.

kims kingdom
16-07-2013, 07:39 PM
How sad, sorry to hear she has got so upset over that, hope it's all over soon and you get paid.

I have often taken children to appointments with me, although i always let parents know first.

yep def gonna do that in future def learnt a few mistakes this last week x

ziggy
16-07-2013, 07:42 PM
yep def gonna do that in future def learnt a few mistakes this last week x

if it wasnt for the parents this job would be fun lol:laughing:

lizduncan72
16-07-2013, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE="ziggy;1276990"]

if it wasnt for the parents this job would be fun lol:laughing:[/QUOTE

I say this sooo often!! Would be so much easier and less stressful at times without parents lol :)

kims kingdom
16-07-2013, 07:48 PM
just checked bank all paid so that's it my second mindee left bring on the next one!!:)

hectors house
16-07-2013, 08:25 PM
just checked bank all paid so that's it my second mindee left bring on the next one!!:)

Glad they paid up ok - parent removing child seems a very extreme reaction to you not telling her you thought your son had tonsillitus and you had made doctor appointment though.

Hope you get someone else soon.

kims kingdom
16-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Glad they paid up ok - parent removing child seems a very extreme reaction to you not telling her you thought your son had tonsillitus and you had made doctor appointment though.

Hope you get someone else soon.

Thank u hectors house nice to hear it from someone else now I don't feel that bad.
I hope so x

smurfette
16-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Definitely extreme reaction! Glad u got

Paid ..
Onwards and upwards xx

mpullen17387
16-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Hi, at my chip course, our trainer said that the only thing that we shouldn't take children to is a smear test lol.. Apart from that, as long as parents are aware, use this as an activity and as someone has already said, pick up info for role play :-)

Supernanny86
16-07-2013, 10:22 PM

I think that's a tad extreme!! But then again anyone this temperamental you don't need anyway, there would have been problems further down the line for sure! Chin up. You'll find someone else soon! Everything happens for a reason :) :)

blue bear
16-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Goodness me if a parent removed a chikd everytime we had an unexpected doctors or hospital appointment I'd have none left. It's a home from home environment, a second family which involves things like unexpected trips to the doctors. Glad she wasn't one of my parents.

merry
17-07-2013, 05:54 AM

If you'd called and told her you weren't working cos your son was ill and you were taking him to the drs, she might well have complained that you were unreliable and left anyway - there are some people you just can't please whatever you do. Glad they've paid up, as you say, on to the next ones and hope their parents have better manners.

:)

karen m
17-07-2013, 06:45 AM
I have taken mindees the doctors, dentist with me as others have said it is a home from home environment ,

lynnslittleuns
17-07-2013, 07:06 AM
I've had to take mindees to emergency vets. They loved it & parents had no complaints at all.
Lynn xx

kims kingdom
17-07-2013, 09:39 AM

hi thank u everyone who replied to this.
im trying to forget it now and be thankful I haven't had to worry about getting paid by a parent (yet)
but its good to know that others take mindees to appointments but would def ask the parent next time.
thanks everyone well ive got two parents that are happy with me and my mindee who left she was very happy and was willing to write it down wish she had of done now but she moved away so didn't get round to it least when Ofsted do decide to come ive got two questionnaires that are both really good.
are Ofsted really behid should of had my first inspection march this year??

Kirstylob
17-07-2013, 10:27 AM
I think her reaction was very over the top. I have taken minded children to the doctor, dentist, hospital appointments and fracture clinic. All appointments were for my own children but parents were more than happy for me to take mindees.
The only appointment I didn't take mindees to - other than smear tests- was my daughters appointment at Great Ormond Street.
Glad you got paid and have a new.enquiry. Hope it goes well. X

CLL
17-07-2013, 10:34 AM

hi thank u everyone who replied to this.
im trying to forget it now and be thankful I haven't had to worry about getting paid by a parent (yet)
but its good to know that others take mindees to appointments but would def ask the parent next time.
thanks everyone well ive got two parents that are happy with me and my mindee who left she was very happy and was willing to write it down wish she had of done now but she moved away so didn't get round to it least when Ofsted do decide to come ive got two questionnaires that are both really good.
are Ofsted really behid should of had my first inspection march this year??

That is really late. I registered in Jan and had inspection 5 months later. Maybe they have forgotten about you! I think depends on where you live.

clareelizabeth1
17-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Glad it all got sorted. I have taken mindies to lots of appointments. One went with me to each of my ultrasounds and loved getting to see and listen to the baby all his mums friends thought she was pregnant he knew so much about ultrasounds.

oxfordshirecm
17-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Glad it's all sorted- I take mindees alongside to my dds appointments and I have also been asked by the parents if I can take mindees to appointments too