PDA

View Full Version : Free milk

Samijanec
16-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I've just called cool milk to ask about using them for my milk delivery to be told that they only deliver to settings with at least ten children needing milk?

How is that possible, if milk is only free to under fives then no childminder can ever use them..

I explained to the woman on the phone that childminders are only allowed three children under five unless they have assistants and so on but she said that they deliver to lots of childminders who have more than ten under fives...

I'm really confused as to how this is possible, obviously they just don't want to be bothered with tiny numbers.

Has anyone else any idea on companies I could try please ?

hectors house
16-07-2013, 03:35 PM
That's rubbish! - I'm with Cool milk and I only have 3 most days, 4 on just one day. You could ring up a local Dairy and find out if they deliver milk for Nurseries and childminders through a different agency. That's how I found out about cool milk when Scotts milk shut down - I rang the dairy I use for my own milk delivery and they said they deliver for cool milk.

Samijanec
16-07-2013, 03:41 PM
That's rubbish! - I'm with Cool milk and I only have 3 most days, 4 on just one day. You could ring up a local Dairy and find out if they deliver milk for Nurseries and childminders through a different agency. That's how I found out about cool milk when Scotts milk shut down - I rang the dairy I use for my own milk delivery and they said they deliver for cool milk.

Thanks, ill go and google, I don't use a milk man so no idea of the local dairies. Scott's milks web site is still up and running although no one answers the phone, I'm guessing that's because they've shut down :)

Off to google!!

Bambini2
16-07-2013, 03:43 PM
I go to a shop and buy it myself and then claim. Do you need to get it delivered? Or could you buy it when you do your own shopping? As long as you keep the receipts you should be fine.

kellyskidz!
16-07-2013, 04:22 PM
Cool milk were funny with me, said they didn't cover delivery in my area but a cm on the same street has it delivered by them?
In the end I just gave up and now buy separate milk for mindees and claim in back on expenses x

shortstuff
16-07-2013, 04:40 PM
I would guess they didnt explain themselves very well. Surely they meant places in the week?
If you have 3 under 5, 5 days a week thats 15?

I use cool milk and havent had any issues.

lizduncan72
16-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Much easier just to buy your own milk and claim the cost back through nursery milk x

Samijanec
16-07-2013, 05:43 PM
I would guess they didnt explain themselves very well. Surely they meant places in the week?
If you have 3 under 5, 5 days a week thats 15?

I use cool milk and havent had any issues.

Nope they meant 10 a day, I explained to her that childminders are only allowed three under fives at any one time and she said well lots use us!

I phoned another company who have said that although they don't deliver to the north east of Scotland they want to branch up here and if I knew of a local dairy that would be happy to deliver for me then they would happily do it. I called a local supplier and they said yep so I passed their number on and it's all in motion I hope.!

Thanks for you help everyone..

Mouse
16-07-2013, 05:45 PM
When Scotts Milk was removed as an agent, a lot of childminders & nurseries switched to Coolmilk. They were inundated with new applicants, so decided to stop taking on childminders. Any childminder who was already with them could stay, but they stopped taking on any more.

I've always bought my own milk & claimed the money back through NMRU

Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/how_to_make_a_claim.html)

scottishlass
16-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I tried to apply to cool milk and got a letter saying they weren't taking on childminders in my area. Now use a company called the milk man and have had no problems xx

karen m
16-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I spoke to coolmilk and was told they are not taking on any more childminders, am in Cheshire so if anyone knows anyone taking on please inbox

Samijanec
17-07-2013, 07:39 AM
I spoke to coolmilk and was told they are not taking on any more childminders, am in Cheshire so if anyone knows anyone taking on please inbox

Kidsfreemilk seem to be taking on, they are after expanding..

JCrakers
17-07-2013, 08:42 AM
I've just done mine actually :D I use NMRU and its really easy.

Why don't you ring back and speak to someone else, sounds like she doesn't know what she's talking about

Twinkling Stars
17-07-2013, 08:57 AM
I need to do this. Thank you for the link x