PDA

View Full Version : Is this right? - Grant...

littlewonders
09-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi all.

Sorry I haven't been on for a while - still having a bad time of it and would rather not moan and put everyone else in a bad mood :(

Anyway, to cut a very long story short, I am not getting any calls or enquiries at all. Have had 1 or 2 calls in 6 weeks and they have come to nothing. I have just 2 children - both part time.

Another childminder has told me that because I am not filling my spaces I am entitled to a weekly grant of £85. Is this right as I have never heard of it before?
I am in the salford area of Manchester if that makes a difference?

Hope your all well I have been here 'lurking' just didn't want to talk with me being all negative lol!

Sam xx

foxy lady
09-07-2008, 09:40 AM
uuummmm ive never heard of that before
would be interested to no if it true tho

flora
09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
There is something like this where we are. If we are doing everything we can to fill places and it just isn't happening we can apply to our early years team and so much money is paid to us to keep us going.

Don't know the amounts, as never clamied it, but def woth making more enquiries :thumbsup:

sarah707
09-07-2008, 10:32 AM
There used to be something called a sustainability grant which you could claim if you were under numbers for a certain amount of weeks ...

whether or not it is still available or whether you can claim it is down to your local surestart so you should contact them and ask.

I got it a few years ago - I had weekly visits from my development officer and she supported me with advertising, I got lots of extra calls from CIS etc.

Hope you are successful :D

sue m
09-07-2008, 10:39 AM
My CSDO and me filled in a form for that a couple of weeks ago so they still do them.

Sue x x

littlewonders
09-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the replies :)

I have contacted them and they said they will send me out a for and that was it?!

I am now looking to see if there is anywhere else I can advertise, think I may be cheeky and write to local fire station/police station and include some posters!

I can't think of anywhere else to advertise its all covered!

Thanks again x