PDA

View Full Version : Water play for after schoolers?

NinaBowen
16-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Will parents be mad if we have some water play after school today and their children get wet?? It is so hot here today am thinking they are going to need to be cooled down.

butterfly
16-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Depends on your parents. I'm always a bit unsure about how much to let the after schoolers do as they don't come dressed to play like the little ones. Maybe suggest it to them and ask for a spare set of clothes so they could keep their uniforms clean?

QualityCare
16-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I have several plain white t shirts, knickers for girls and pants for boys all very basic cheap ones after schoolies change into these and use in the pool, there is no compromise if they have nothing of their own to change into, they get out of the water 15mins before parents are due to dry and change if they refuse they do not go in again for several days.

supermumy
16-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Depends if in uniform an if they have spare clothes etc

Bumble Beez
16-07-2013, 12:45 PM
My families are pretty good with the after school kidlets joining in and doing bits and pieces...
I've got some old 'work' polo t shirts that they can wear if there's a chance they're gonna get too wet, messy, muddy etc...
We had the water tray out last night and the two who played with it most were 8 and 9 lol!!
I say go for it, but maybe cover them if poss :)

Sarah x