PDA

View Full Version : double buggy recommendations please

ladylipgloss
09-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi there everyone. I'm looking for a double buggy that isn't going to take up too much space in my boot and isn't too heavy. I have been looking at combi we2 because its tri-folding. Has anybody got any views on this or can you let me know of any other good ones. Thanks.

Pudding Girl
09-07-2008, 10:15 AM
do you want tandem or side by side?

I had a tandem, used it once, and never again!! side by side all the way for me now!!

i have a Little Shield Meribel twin and it's fabby, I can fit it through my front door and gate, all shop doors and pavements, it's spacious enough for the children, and has great shopping baskets. It reclines all the way. Only thing I didn't like that it's raincover as it was too short I felt, so I bought a different one.

I got it from here - http://www.boohoobaby.co.uk/prod_show.asp?id=43&cname=Pink&color_item_ID=32 but mine is black and beige ( but same as the pink one, not like the black one listed)

MissTinkerbell
09-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I can highly recommend a Phil&Teds Sport Double. I love mine and after having an Urban Detour Twin it is fantastic. It folds up smallish - I managed to get it in the boot of my Fiesta when I had it. Can also get it into the Galaxy when all 7 seats are in. Its not too heavy and has the advantage of being able to be used as a single buggy.

crazybones
09-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Out n about nipper double. One word FABULOUS. Only had it 2 week and my shoulder problem has disappeared totally. Lightweight, pushes 2 toddlers like a dream and during a downpour managed to sit my own 2 year old on the roof so we could run :blush: probably not recommended but it fits in my Corsa boot. Bit of a struggle to get it through front door if a mindee has fell asleep and I cant get them out but can be done.

(Have just read this back before posting and I typed nipper as another word:blush: I dont know what my flithy mind is thinking:laughing: )

ruby
09-07-2008, 11:27 AM
have had a couple over the years

don't like the tandem to heavy to push

have had side by sides but have now ordered a new phil and ted

as they are great to push and also like that it can become a single

cathy

Pudding Girl
09-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Out n about nipper double. One word FABULOUS. Only had it 2 week and my shoulder problem has disappeared totally. Lightweight, pushes 2 toddlers like a dream and during a downpour managed to sit my own 2 year old on the roof so we could run :blush: probably not recommended but it fits in my Corsa boot. Bit of a struggle to get it through front door if a mindee has fell asleep and I cant get them out but can be done.

(Have just read this back before posting and I typed nipper as another word:blush: I dont know what my flithy mind is thinking:laughing: )

lmao!

I had a shot at a Nipper and it was like a dream, but it wouldn't fit through my front door, which is important to me. Couldn't afford one either :o

jmoff
09-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I had a nipper, I mean I still do with a fixed wheel (selling it though)...as I have bought a Jane Powertin.
They are both really light to push but both take up a lot of space in a boot.

The kiddies loved sitting next to one another in the nipper but it was a little too wide for me and all the pavements here.

And I love my new one!

Jx

babyandchild
09-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I have a Phil and Teds with the doubles kit.....It's FAB, can be a single or double and it fits beautifully in the timy boot space of my Galaxy when all the seats are up x

manjay
09-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I love my Nipper too. Doesn't fit through my front door but hey just getting hubby to put a new door in:laughing: I did look at the WE2 combi when I was buying. It seemed good but I live in the middle of nowhere and it didn't seem robust enough for off roading.

ladylipgloss
09-07-2008, 02:48 PM
thanks for your comments. The phil and ted is sounding good but i will have a 2 and a 3 year old. Will the 2 yr old be able to go in the rear seat or does it only fit a baby?

littletreasures
09-07-2008, 06:37 PM
I have the nipper double 360 and love it. It is so light to push and manouvre.

littletreasures