PDA

View Full Version : Lice again

Tazmin68
16-07-2013, 12:10 PM
One of my mindees has lice again. Caught her scratching her head. Did one comb with nitty gritty and immediately put other child in travel cot to have a nap and put other one in bath where I shampooed and conditioned and nitty gritty non stop and got over 100 out. I think I have done a decent job. Another mindee arrives 11 in morning so I though we were all ok. He has arrived today and dad informed me they found a louse in his hair yesterday. I can only think that it came off rug in lounge or car seat as I had not had chance to vac rug or treat car between finding them in one child, treating her and other mindee arriving.

Deb

Mrsh3103
16-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Can I just ask why you are treating it?

I would have sent the child home & refused to have her until they had gone.
Making me it h just thinking about it.

Pixie dust
16-07-2013, 12:18 PM
I didn't think we were allowed to treat lice.....

FizzWizz
16-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I also would have sent home and allowed back as soon as treated by parents, even if it was later that day after mum had applied appropriate treatment.

I found it hard enough dealing with lice when my own children caught them, couldn't do a mindees! I'm all itchy even thinking about it!!!

Tazmin68
16-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Because when I first had this child ss paid for childcare as it is because of neglect that I have this child. Was told by hv that lice is an issue with family and has been so for years. Child is now with me under two year funding because of health issues if I excluded child because of lice then I would never have child yet council are paying me to have child. I have been checking and treating child since I had child in nov last year. For a few months nothing but had hair braided for last two weeks o could not properly check and yesterday had hair in pony tail so I could.
My policy is exclude until treatment started but if I did that with this child I feel that I would be letting her down as she is classed as disadvantaged and if I have permission to treat her at least I know it is being sorted.

covgalxxx
16-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Hate them, my daughter came from school with them all the time, and sit and treat everyday since she started school, this time last year seem to be the last I seen of them she was 8 last year so maybe they stop banging heads around this time, now I have another daughter so dreading when she goes, what are people policy on this I don't have one yet,pre reg, if you can't treat them your self ,you wait till parent come home and say they can't come back till gone, but really takes a week to get rid, so parents would lie, just saying and then do you still charge while there away?.

Koala
16-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Because when I first had this child ss paid for childcare as it is because of neglect that I have this child. Was told by hv that lice is an issue with family and has been so for years. Child is now with me under two year funding because of health issues if I excluded child because of lice then I would never have child yet council are paying me to have child. I have been checking and treating child since I had child in nov last year. For a few months nothing but had hair braided for last two weeks o could not properly check and yesterday had hair in pony tail so I could.
My policy is exclude until treatment started but if I did that with this child I feel that I would be letting her down as she is classed as disadvantaged and if I have permission to treat her at least I know it is being sorted.

Well I take my hat off to you, I couldn't do that, well done. Good luck.

KatieFS
16-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Koala made me chuckle there

Similar if child had them crawling in hair I'd have to call parents. How do you manage it as 2 yr funding? I assume you will still inform parents? Does seem a bit unfair on the other children (and you!) to have the little blighters passed on