PDA

View Full Version : Business name

Mrsh3103
16-07-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm thinking I need to change the name of my business. At the moment it's my name followed by childminding. I find it all a bit boring
My friend who is a photographer took an amazing picture of my ds wearing a pair or really muddy wellies. It's from the knees down & looks AMAZING. I've thought about maybe the name 'muddy wellies' then I can use the pic as my logo :) :)
But then I thought would the name put of prospective parents?
Then I thought if they don't want their child to get messy don't send them here.

What do you all think??

kime
16-07-2013, 10:41 AM
I think it's a fab name :-) and that will be a great logo x

kellyskidz!
16-07-2013, 11:51 AM
No, I'm sure it won't put anyone off (anyone with sense anyway :p)
Sounds a great name and logo, go for it xx

munch149
16-07-2013, 12:03 PM
I have recently added a note to my website stating please expect your child to get messy at my setting as on a feedback for a parents negative was that they always came home dirty. I think it's a great name

Mrsh3103
16-07-2013, 12:16 PM
Putting a note on fb page sounds like a really good idea.

sprinkles
16-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Sounds good!! I'm called Bright Beginnings and it's good hearing parents say their child goes to Bright Beginnings rather than such and such's house!

Kirstylob
16-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Spends like a lovely name and great photo!

mpullen17387
17-07-2013, 05:13 AM
I have chosen Little Lambs Daycare as I thought it would be nice to have a business name rather than my name. I also felt that should I put posters up to advertise etc it will not have any personal details apart from tel no xx

karen m
17-07-2013, 06:51 AM
I have mine as In Safe Hands , often have parents comment when we meet as to how they love the name as they know their children are in safe hands with me

Mrsh3103
17-07-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm actually starting to get really excited about the name change now :)

unalindura77
17-07-2013, 08:19 AM
I had posted before but not sure what happened, think my comp froze!

I'm in London and there's a muddy wellies around here, they are quite new and seem to be doing great....

Do you have to notify Ofsted you're changing names?

Ballette
17-07-2013, 08:21 AM
I love the name! :thumbsup:

Mrsh3103
17-07-2013, 08:24 AM
I do t think I ever told ofsted the original name. I'll phone them just in case. The only other people are the FIS :)
So glad the childminder in London is doing well using the name, it's a good sign.

CathyAmy
17-07-2013, 10:16 AM
What a super doper name - think muddy wellies sounds like kids have fun!! You would think most mum's would like a bit of mess at a Child minders save having it at home! It's why we have washers and stuff like vanish!! I'm Cathy's Owlets - It just came to me as I'm a Brown Owl - Ter wit ter woo!! I have fab business cards and postcards with cute little owls on.

oxfordshirecm
17-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Ooh I like that name... My motto is if the child goes home clean then they obviously have had a rubbish day lol

EmmaReed84
17-07-2013, 06:38 PM
BRILLIANT NAME!!

Before I was just Emma's Childminding Services which was OK, but like you said, just a tad bland. I went on to some totally amazing forum with some fabulously amazing childminders... can't think of the name now... ;) LOL....

Anyway, someone suggested Emma's Explorers and I have gone with it ever since. I even have Emma's Explorers book bags, key rings, daily diaries...

Although some said they read my web address as Emma SEXplorer... But that is a whole NEW TYPE OF BUSINESS.

I definitely say, go with the name, get your logo's out there... You will stand out, look professional and be memorable! You will have to so us all the picture so we can see it!

Mrsh3103
18-07-2013, 10:19 PM
So I showed my ds the pic I was going to use & he had a complete fit. He didn't want a pic of him posted up everywhere (even though all you could see was from the knees down)
Any way I phoned my friend & said I couldn't use it :( this is what she emailed me!!!!!
On the bottom it has all my details but I've removed them to post on here :) :)

Mrsh3103
18-07-2013, 10:22 PM
She didn't even tell me she was doing it. Popped round to her neighbours after I got off the phone & borrowed their sons wellies & watering can :)

Ballette
18-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Wow! That's fantastic :thumbsup::D

starschildmind
19-07-2013, 06:00 AM
What a lovely name :) love the names that have come up to :)

Mine is stars childminding. Hopefully one day be stars pre-school and after school.club. then people can just say i go to 'stars'

Love names. We have footsteps childminding and moonbeams childminding to round here :) a name makes it more personal to you and parents xx w

FizzWizz
19-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Fab name and that photo is brilliant! I also think the type of parents that may be put off by this (if any) are probably the ones you don't want anyway!