PDA

View Full Version : buggies - storage??

Blackhorse
09-07-2008, 09:22 AM
In a previous thread I noticed that you all seem to have quite a few pushchairs, strollers etc..
where on earth (or elsewhere :laughing: ) do you keep them???
I don't have enough room in the house to keep my dd's out of the way...
don't have a garage either....
I was considering a shed to put up in my garden...not sure if this is the best solution though...please help

berkschick
09-07-2008, 09:26 AM
We have a den which was meant to be a bit of a boys room. It has a playstation, wii, x-box, sofa bed and 6 pushchairs in it :laughing:

charleyfarley
09-07-2008, 09:30 AM
I have the side by side up in the attic.

Mamas and Papas single and also the small single in the car.

Tandem double in the kitchen.

I been know to have the tandem and the Mamas and Papas in the kitchen together when I've used them both in a day.

Hubby goes mad using the kitchen as a buggy park but there isn't anywhere else to put them when being used

Carol xx

Jinx
09-07-2008, 09:30 AM
know what you mean.
We converted our garage into a playroom and utility and now have very little storage space.
This was one of the reasons why I bought a Phil and Teds, as it can be a single and double and therefore I only need to find space for one buggy.

I have thought about one of those garden storage box things that you can keep lawn mowers etc in. Like this
:http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7051801/Trail/searchtext%3EGARDEN+STORAGE.htm.

I already have 3 sheds and they are ALL full!!!!:rolleyes:

Jinx x

Mrs.L.C
09-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I got a plastic storage shed for the pushchairs but the pushchairs got damp marks on them and started smelling so had to cut back on what I had and store them in the kitchen/diner

ruby
09-07-2008, 11:34 AM
i have 2 in the attic (three wheelers)

2 in a cupboard under the stairs (small ones)

and the one we use everyday in the porch

and the phil & ted will go in the porch as well

cathy

Twinkles
09-07-2008, 11:38 AM
One in the car , one in the toystore , one in the utility room, one in the cupboard under the stairs and one out side getting wet !

foxy lady
09-07-2008, 11:38 AM
i have a barn in the garden that i keep mine in
its ok but the spiders like to sleep in them yuck :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

katickles
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
I have 2 in my boot usually, or 1 in the boot & 1 in my porch.

1/2 in the garage or 1 in boot of hubby's car if its after the weekend!

My hubby made me some covers for the ones in the garage but generally they are all used each week.

You'd think all the walking we do we'd all be slim wouldn't you :rolleyes:

Blackhorse
09-07-2008, 11:53 AM
slim like a runner-bean (or should I say walkerbean??:laughing: )
I am hoping childminding will keep me fit!!

babyandchild
09-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I keep my double and a single in the boot of my car and another in plastic wrapping in my toy shed!

manjay
09-07-2008, 12:24 PM
I have one in the boot of the car, one in the porch and the one I don't use at the moment is in a storage unit. The unit is supposed to be for hubbys work materials and tools but it is being over run with minding equipment:laughing:

Angela234
09-07-2008, 04:11 PM
i keep 1 in the hall and older single and horrible double (looking for another one) in the spare bedroom where mindies sleep

Angela

littletreasures
09-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I have quite a large porch so they stay in there.

Come the end of term, I fit 8 boxes of toys in there, plus double nipper 360, single buggy, umbrella fold buggy, 3 baby car seats plus 2 booster seats, and stairgate.

And yes, I can still open the door!!

littletreasures

netty
09-07-2008, 07:15 PM
i keep all mine in the old coal hose off the conservatory which we have changed in to a toy and equipment store.
netty:)

LisaH
09-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Nightmare isnt it!!! Lol

One in the hall, one in the car, tandem always left outside unless i can be bothered lugging it in to the kitchen!!! Buggy board hanging on hall radiator.
Drives my hubby bonkers. Lol

Donkey
10-07-2008, 07:57 AM
ask me in a few months, so far I only have the 1 and it fits under the stiars....

no idea where I am going to put any more!

ChocolateChip
10-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I have to keep mine in the boot of the car as there is absolutely no room in the house! OH is supposed to be making a sort of shelf for the boot so that I don't have to drag the single and the buggy board out every time I need the double, but don't hold your breath!

Chimps Childminding
11-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I keep mine in the shed - ok at moment cause shed is quite new, but not sure how it will work when shed gets old and starts leaking!!!! :panic: Haven't got room in the house, every cupboard, space, spare foot of floor is taken up by childminding if its not equipment or toys its paperwork! :eek:

Gherkin
13-07-2008, 09:23 AM
We have a garage that you cannot fit any cars in unless they are one of the Little Tykes toys cars!!!

Currently I have
1 x bugaboo
1 x maclaren side by side
1 x single maclaren
and on a good day I have one of my parents buggies in there too.

The main reason I cannot convert my garage into a longed for playroom is I'd have nowhere to store everything in.

Cammie Doodle
14-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Hubby built me a cupboard in our hall that is nick named the "Tardiss" it homes a double buggy 2 single buggies (these are hanging up on those hooks you know the sort you use to hang bikes on ! This frees up the floor space ) 2 large booster chairs, a car seat , 2 travel cots. art box. the childrens bedding/ blankets.My notice board goes on the back of the door at weekends too . I even manage to store hoover in there too :panic: Its amazing what fits in a 6ftx 4ft space lol . He has fitted shelves at the back (which are groaning with stuff) and also shelves above head height all round the cupboard (which is usually wasted space )but no matter where you go in my home you will find something to do with Childminding :laughing: The Tardis is brill at hiding it all just shut the door and forget it all. My house can sometimes look quite tidy, but only if you dont open the Tardiss Door :laughing: :laughing:

Blackhorse
14-07-2008, 08:15 AM
your tardis sounds great. :thumbsup: ...I suppose you have so much space in it, as it is actually much bigger inside :laughing: ...maybe I will try and get a tardis built in the cupboard under the stairs too...

my next option is to win the lottery and buy a bigger house with a little anex..:D