PDA

View Full Version : WHY ME......!!

TooEarlyForGin?
16-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Heading to 2nd day if first aid course, nearest one to me over an hours drive, re-arranged entire life/mindees, missed taking DD to her first induction day.

Ruddy car has broken down...

God knows where it will leave me with regards to my first aid, can't really afford another course and probably won't fit one in before my current one runs out, as well as the cost of repairing my car.

smurfette
16-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Aw hunny are U stranded somewhere? Or did it not start at home?

TooEarlyForGin?
16-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Stranded on a country lane with no name. At least I have a packed lunch..... Want to cry

hectors house
16-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Oh dear - is there no-one who can pick you up and take you to a train station or take you to the course. Hope someone rescues you soon. We all rely on our cars so much and it's a disaster when they let us down.

Samijanec
16-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Oh no, I hope you're rescued soon and it's not too hot where you are. Xx

Mrsh3103
16-07-2013, 10:12 AM
That's typical isn't it. It's the kind of thing that would happen to me!
Have you been rescued yet?

unalindura77
16-07-2013, 10:22 AM
The importance of mobile phones!

Hope you have a good supply of water...

Bumble Beez
16-07-2013, 10:24 AM
Heading to 2nd day if first aid course, nearest one to me over an hours drive, re-arranged entire life/mindees, missed taking DD to her first induction day.

Ruddy car has broken down...

God knows where it will leave me with regards to my first aid, can't really afford another course and probably won't fit one in before my current one runs out, as well as the cost of repairing my car.

Oh Hun...that's terrible...hope you're ok xx
And no...it's definitely not too early for gin in this situation ;)

Sarah x

kellyskidz!
16-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Oh no! Hope you're ok and have been rescued (preferably by a good looking recovery guy, you know, just to cheer you up slightly:p) xx

TooEarlyForGin?
16-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks Ladies,

Quickly rescued, but car very poorly and had to be towed by a pole (what fun) to my local garage. He will let me know tomorrow what the damage is. :panic:No train stations around here, so no other way to get to course.

Been calling around frantically as been on the phone to the LA, who have informed me that I was on the last course of the term and none have been set yet for Autumn/Winter. They also told me that from October their first aid course will be a new 3 day 20 hour course :eek:, and they could transfer me onto the next available (when they are set) and I would only have to pay for the extra (gone from £70 - £105) but still have to do the full 3 days....

I have found a local authority approved provider who is willing to let me join her on Saturday 27th, she will run me through some tests to ensure I understood day one and let me finish with her instead. (still have to pay her as well) LA are happy as long as I come out with a full 12 hour certificate. I can't have my certificate lapse so I am going ahead with her.

So sat here doing some paperwork instead.

Oh and my parents who live in Spain and have been back visiting family for the last 4 weeks are due to drive down to catch their ferry today and have lost their passports. So we are not having much luck at the moment.

smurfette
16-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Bad day all round! Glad you for rescued and a course
Sorted! Hope
Dd ok with schoo

Kirstylob
16-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Glad you were rescued quickly and managed to sort out First Aid course. Hope your parents find their passports. Things can only get better!

The Juggler
16-07-2013, 01:26 PM
oh honey sorry to hear what an awful time you've had :(