PDA

View Full Version : Would you work with a high temp?

JoRo163
15-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Hi all on this late eve...

I've been feeling off all eve and been in bed since 8:30. Just taken my temp and its 39.4 (it's usually around 35-36 for me). So tomorrow I am full but have a work experience student working alongside me. Would you still work but tell parents it will be a very quiet day at home or cancel everyone?

I'm hoping for quick answers please - TIA

scottishlass
15-07-2013, 11:05 PM
I would still work if I could - worked last Thursday and Friday with a temp and sore throat - nothin major but wasn't fun!! Am on holiday for 2 weeks in a couple of weeks so didn't want to be off if I could help it xx

Supernanny86
16-07-2013, 03:03 AM
I would personally still work as I hate to let people down'n I worked today with a temp, tonsillitis and ulcerated throat. It wasn't full on, helps its sunny and had lots of water play!! Suppose it depends on how you feel in yourself. I just won't be defeated!!! :) :)

Hope you feel better soon :)

Koala
16-07-2013, 05:42 AM
I have to be on my very last legs to not work.

I would work, lets face it, nobody cares about us as long as we do our jobs.

If you can walk and talk, carry on.

Get well soon.

Bumble Beez
16-07-2013, 05:48 AM
I work through most things if I can...always have done and probably always will...so personally I would.
My families rely heavily on me working so unless I'm contagious or unable to get out of bed...then I work!
Hope you're feeling better soon :)

FizzWizz
16-07-2013, 05:53 AM
I have also worked through a temp, just dose myself up with paracetamol. Prob doesn't help me get better but it is a lot of money to lose and saves letting families down. The only thing I have closed for is d&v.

Having said that only you know how you feel and if you feel very poorly to the point that you don't think you could cope with children then you should close and not feel pressurised to work.

Hope you feel better soon!

JoRo163
16-07-2013, 06:40 AM
Thank you all fir your replies. By how I felt through the night I don't think I could have worked through. But I'm feeling well enough to work this morning, so I've dosed up and will plod on...

Thanks again :)

charlottenash
16-07-2013, 06:45 AM
I usually let parents know the night before but say i am still more than happy to look after their child unless it dramatically worsens. That way if you wake up feeling awful it won't be completely unexpected for them.

ktdg85
16-07-2013, 07:01 AM
I would, as long as you feel okay this morning!!

jackie 7
16-07-2013, 07:50 AM
I have rifled as we usually have got it from children. Parent asked if I was ok. Just said had had one of those nights and coding sleep