PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for leaving mindees?

Becci26
15-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I have twins leaving at the end of term and would like to give them something nice to remind them of their time with me, any suggestions?

It needs to be something I can just order ideally as I am bit immobile and can't easily get around or make anything unfortunately.

They are 11 and A is a girl, J is a boy.

Was thinking poss of a nice bracelet for A but no idea for J.

funemnx
15-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I gave my leaving lo's a little photo album (from Amazon) and ordered all the photos I had of them from Snapfish :thumbsup:

madredann
15-07-2013, 05:32 PM
I gave 2 of my sibling mindees a 6 month magazine subscription each for different magazines think it cost about £12 each xx

Supernanny86
15-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I gave 2 of my sibling mindees a 6 month magazine subscription each for different magazines think it cost about £12 each xx

That's a lovely idea, especially for older kids. :)

Supernanny86
15-07-2013, 05:36 PM
I gave my leaving lo's a little photo album (from Amazon) and ordered all the photos I had of them from Snapfish :thumbsup:

I done this for my last family, it's so nice they still want to go through it with me when I see them :)

debh
15-07-2013, 05:40 PM
I done this for my last family, it's so nice they still want to go through it with me when I see them :)

We have started to give our leavers photobooks, they are not expensive and there are some special offers on, I think they cost around £5.99 each, this gift is also nice for the parents as they can see how happy their children have been with us.

kellib
15-07-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm getting my mindee a cushion made with his name on it, like this one but with a different name!

My friend makes them so I'm supporting her business as well as giving mindee something he can keep to remind him of his time here.

The Juggler
15-07-2013, 06:03 PM
i got some t-shirts made for all of mine as I'm finishing they say

"I was in xxxx's Gang"
sept 2009-july 2013

:thumbsup:

MessybutHappy
15-07-2013, 06:36 PM
What lovely ideas!

greanan
15-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Photo albums or photo books are always nice to look back on :-)

Samijanec
15-07-2013, 06:41 PM
A lovely framed collage?

loocyloo
15-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I usually do a photo collage ( A3 sized ) on snapfish and put their name and dates they attended. I try to include all their friends, and photos from when they started to when they leave. I then put it in a frame.

yummyripples
15-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I have only had little ones leave me. I have bought them things to remind them of time spent with me. Gifts have been bird houses - we love watching and feeding the birds, bug boxes - we do a lot of nature walks, book ends - for a child who loves stories and for my twin girls who are leaving me Friday I have bought a big oven tray with loads of cookie cutters. Hopefully the children will thibk of me when using what I have bought x

Becci26
15-07-2013, 09:08 PM
That's some lovely ideas thankyou,
I like the photo ideas but unfortunately don't have many decent ones as the always seen to come out a bit rubbish - will take a look though and see if I can use any....

littletreasures
16-07-2013, 06:58 AM
I had 2 leave me last week. They are 3 and 1.
I got them Build-a-bear cuddly toys, a dog and a bear and named them after my dogs who they both adore.
Unfortunately, they were poorly all last week so we haven't had our last day. I am meeting up with them during the holidays and will give the cuddlies to them then.

jackie 7
16-07-2013, 07:41 AM
I only have little ones. Gave the girls a handbag with lots of hair stuff. Gave boys a favourite toy and book. Got one going back to New Zealand do I am taking photos of him in St. Albans put in postcards etc and make it into a book about his time here.

Supernanny86
16-07-2013, 08:11 AM
I only have little ones. Gave the girls a handbag with lots of hair stuff. Gave boys a favourite toy and book. Got one going back to New Zealand do I am taking photos of him in St. Albans put in postcards etc and make it into a book about his time here.

Aww that's lovely so great sights around here! :)

jillplum
16-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I have three leaving this week. I have bought them a book each and written a persnal message in the front.