PDA

View Full Version : Daughter turns 5 soon

kellyskidz!
15-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone,
My daughter will be 5 on 5th August :D
Does this means she is now counted in my over 5s and I can have 3 under fives full time now? Instead of the 2 under 5 spaces I have been offering
Also I will be picking a 4yo who will be in reception from September, am I right in thinking that she is also counted as an over 5 as she is in full time school and I will still have the 3 under 5 spaces?
Thank you xxx

maisiemog
15-07-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm assuming she's already in school full time? Because they count as an over 5 as soon as they start school full time. My DD is 5 in Sept but won't be in school full time then so is still classed as an EY child until 3 weeks after her birthday.

FussyElmo
15-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Is your dd in full time education now if yes then she herself will be classed as a rising 5. If not then you have to wait till the 5th August.

Yes as soon as the 4yo in seotember does full time school then yes she is classed as a rising 5 so you will have your 3 under 5 places. If there is any settling in then you hve to wait till its full time :thumbsup:

kellyskidz!
16-07-2013, 08:15 AM
She's been in reception full time since sept 2012 but I'd not realised she counted as an over 5 because she's the youngest in the class with an August birthday. Oh well, you live and learn, just thankful I didn't turn down any business without realising lol!
Great to know I can still have my 3 under 5s though as enquiries are sky rocketing lately after nothing for months :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for advice as always!!x