PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway...?

EmmaReed84
15-07-2013, 09:44 AM
I think I already know the answer to this but will ask any how!

On my books I currently have 2 full time mindees aged 2 (3 in Aug) and aged 4. I also have my son who is 4 and other son who is 7.

This is all I will have during the holidays until September when 4 yr old mindee is leaving... Anyway, I have just had a phone call from a desperate parent who needs care for her daughter who is also 4 (starting school in September also) the parent only requires care for the 6 weeks holidays and she is really struggling and does not want to put her in the day nurseries as she said she did not feel comfortable with them.

I know I have spaces overall as I would only have 5 under the age 8, but it would be 4 under the age of5, but literally on the edge of most them about to be 5 and at full time school.

Is there anyway I can take this child on?

loocyloo
15-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Sorry, I don't think so unless you have an assistant.

EmmaReed84
15-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Didn't think so, it is such a bummer as in September I am going to have TWO full time EY spaces! Talk about bad timing! LOL

FussyElmo
15-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Sorry its new business even if its only for a few weeks :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
15-07-2013, 03:03 PM
What a total bummer that would have been an £700+ contract... Oh well, I passed it over to MIL who has the space. Hopefully something will come my way soon! It is so frustrating that will have TWO BIG FAT spaces in September!

christine e
15-07-2013, 04:00 PM
I can see this being a problem with the roll out of the 2 year old funded places because in our area (and I am sure this is other areas too) children have a staggered start when starting school over a week or two so if a parent wants a 2 year old to start in Sept (and the funding is for term time only) we could miss out on this new business because the parent will want the place straight away and it would mess up the LA payments if we were unable to start when school starts - the only way around it would be to maybe work the October half term to catch up on the hours lost.