PDA

View Full Version : Time for a rant...sorry!

Bumble Beez
15-07-2013, 06:22 AM
Ok, so Monday morning and I was in a good mood...had done planning for this week, all gardening done over the wknd and housework up to date too.

First mindee arrives, I open the door and he's in floods of tears...
Mum says 'he's crying cos he wanted to bring his balance bike to show you, I've told him its in the boot'
Mindee crying 'my bike, my bike...'
I say 'that's fine, go and get it and we'll play with it in the garden...'

But...

Mum hadn't put it in the boot, used it as a bribe...kept telling him she would get it and that I would let him play on it later...how do I explain to a 25 month old that his bike isn't here?!

All he keeps saying now is 'my bike garden later...' With a big smile on his face :(

I'm sure it won't last all day...but there is no thought of how in gonna have tears later when he realises its not here.

Thanks mum :angry:

Sorry everyone...had to get it off my chest lol!

Sarah x

Rick
15-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Grrrr. She basically said that to get him out of the house then let you deal with it :angry:

mrs robbie williams
15-07-2013, 06:24 AM
how unfair :( I would have asked mum to go and get it and drop it in to you :angry:

Mrsh3103
15-07-2013, 06:26 AM
I would have sent her home for it!

Bumble Beez
15-07-2013, 06:32 AM
And now...

I get a text 'hiya, hope x is ok...good luck for later!'
Cannot text back as I will lose my temper.

I'm so annoyed.

I've spoken to my littlest son and he said that LO can use his old balance bike today :) so should help diffuse the situation.

I have never, and would never do that to my children...my own or mindees :angry:

Sarah x

FussyElmo
15-07-2013, 06:47 AM
Maybe she thought you wouldn't be impressed if she turned up with his balance bike. So was hoping when she said it was in the boot you would say well Mum will have to take it with you as I have lots of toys here :thumbsup:

Bumble Beez
15-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Yeah maybe Fussy...although she should know me well enough by now that if LO's bring anything we go all out on that particular activity for the day lol!

I wouldn't want to be the bad guy and say no anyway lol...I'm always the one who says 'ok' ;)

Sarah x

jackie 7
15-07-2013, 08:17 AM
I would be so cross.

ziggy
15-07-2013, 08:22 AM
ah poor child and poor you xx

Petshrinklj
15-07-2013, 08:27 AM
That is so cruel. Poor kid. I'd never treat my kid like that. I don't get why she couldn't bring it with her if she said she would. Meanie mum

Daisy De
15-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Just confirms one of my biggest bringing up children ideals.

"Keep your promises as well as your threats

If you promise something, deliver it, if you threaten something, don't make the threat too big, ie if you do that again you won't go on holiday!! and also follow it through, no means no in my house :D

Feel sorry for the little boy but hopefully your son's bike might prove even more exciting as it's not his :thumbsup: And well done to your ds for sharing :clapping:

smurfette
15-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Just confirms one of my biggest bringing up children ideals.

"Keep your promises as well as your threats

If you promise something, deliver it, if you threaten something, don't make the threat too big, ie if you do that again you won't go on holiday!! and also follow it through, no means no in my house :D

Feel sorry for the little boy but hopefully your son's bike might prove even more exciting as it's not his :thumbsup: And well done to your ds for sharing :clapping:

Totally agree! Would never
Lie to my kids!

bunyip
15-07-2013, 10:48 AM
I dislike parents lying to their children for their own convenience. :mad:

How tempting to do one back to her, "Oh, by the way, when I said I'd have your child next week, I was lying."

kellyskidz!
15-07-2013, 11:34 AM
That's unfair, she's totally dumped her situation on you. Now you're going to be seen as the bad guy when you eventually have to say his bike isn't here. I imagine he's going to be pretty upset, unless you can keep his mind off it all day.
When she picks up I'd mention something, if he gets upset later speak up and say I'm not happy that I had to deal with a situation that I didn't put myself in or was a part of, he's been very upset and I've felt out of my comfort zone since this morning because of it. I know it was a one off but next time can you explain to him, it will just make my job easier :)
Why not? She's cheeky enough to land you in it so why not say something to her since its obviously bothered you, as it would me. Would she like it if at pick up time you'd said you were going to give him a sticker or something, then didn't? And she had to deal with his upset all the way home. I can't imagine leaving my little one a their minders knowing that there was a huge chance they were going to be very upset later on xx

kellyskidz!
15-07-2013, 11:35 AM

How tempting to do one back to her, "Oh, by the way, when I said I'd have your child next week, I was lying."

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Bumble Beez
15-07-2013, 11:37 AM

Awesome idea...lets see what happens at 4 o clock pick up time ;)
Lol lol lol!

Sarah x

yummyripples
15-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Couldn't you just have said ' Oh dear mummy forgot the bike, silly mummy '
It can be hard to get the children ready in the morning so I can understand it really x

FussyElmo
15-07-2013, 11:44 AM
I actually feel sorry for the mum. None of us were there and know what was said, the child could have had a full on tantrum and she tried to do her best by getting him in the car with a bribe. Ok she shouldn't have made a promise she couldn't have kept.

Would the replies be different if Bumble bees had posted I cant believe mindees mum has brought his balance bike. She had to bring it as he was creating this morning. Im now stuck with a mindee who wont share his bike and has a tantrum everytime someone goes near it.

Parents sometimes cant win.

Yes mum shouldn't have said he could but maybe she thought he would have forgotten all about it once he got there. She may be feeling very guilty about this morning and she did text to see if he was ok.

Bumble Beez
15-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Ok...had a good chat with dad when he collected and said that LO was upset on and off all day when the thought of his bike popped into his little head :( poor boy...
Mum and dad agreed that they shouldn't have used his bike as a bribe and in future they'll not do it :) so good result in the end I think...
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was wrong...and Fussy I do see your point, I have three very demanding and independent boys of my own lmao...

Sarah x

Samijanec
15-07-2013, 08:37 PM
I can see both sides and one of my rules is mindees do not bring their own toys as they then refuse to share with my three year old son. I try to explain to them that it's only fair to share as they spend all day playing with what are essentially my sons toys and he never understands why he has to share when the wont. So I just banned it, no more bringing their own stuff.