PDA

View Full Version : Ratio query

jax clinch
14-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Last year I made a boo boo and went over my numbers on one occasion and was unfortunately reported to Ofsted (it was an innocent mistake I didn't realise my son who was 7 at the time still counted in my numbers when at school). I have siblings who are 3 and 2, another boy 3 a toddler 18 months, my daughter 4 and another son 6.

Since my Ofsted complaint I haven't had all toddlers together because it would take me over my under 8 ratio but now my older son is 8....so.... Can I now have the 3 year, 2 year old, another 3 year old, 18 month old, my daughter 4 and my son 6 altogether on the odd occasion if the need arises? None are new to my care, it is continuity of care but will mean i will have 5 under school age??

Anybody clarify this for me please. I have queried it with Ofsted and they just said follow the eyfs guidelines!!!

Stapleton83
14-07-2013, 09:51 PM
My understanding is yes as you would not be in breach of your numbers although I think you would need to carry out a risk assessment, gain written permission from all the parents and have informed Ofsted that one of your children is now 8 as they did not automatically update your information when your children get older.

I am sure someone with more knowledge than me will be along shortly to confirm or deny.

Sam x

Chatterbox Childcare
14-07-2013, 09:59 PM
If it is continuity of care then yes you can but not for new business

Bumble Beez
15-07-2013, 07:16 AM
I've got a similar situation...and yes, as long as they're all in your care now Nd not being taken on as new business then it's continuity of care :)

Sarah x