PDA

View Full Version : On the spot ofstes visit

jax clinch
14-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Has anyone had an on the spot Ofsted visit recently, following a complaint??

vals
15-07-2013, 06:47 AM
mine was a couple of years ago. I was really shocked, it was because a parent I had given notice to had mad a complaint. I knew we had fallen out to some extent, but I was still having the children so was really shocked. It was a male inspector and I didn''t like his attitude at all, he was clearly of the view that I was guilty before he arrived. Luciky he arrived on a 'perfect' day, and despite his best efforts he couldn't find anything wrong. He deviated from the complaint after a while and started to make odd suggestions about how I could do things, I argued back - I was cross by then - and though he didn't say he agreed with me, he gave up. My older children were at home that day which helped as it was horrid, but they both came downstairs and helped with the little ones and also added a few comments when he spoke total rubbish.

Bumble Beez
15-07-2013, 06:51 AM
I had an unannounced visit...not from a complaint tho...just cos she was in the area and had no one else to see that day so she took a chance that I would be in and she was right...blast!
Lucky me lol!

Sarah x

munch149
15-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Didn't know they could do that. I would hate that as although everything would be fine you have no opportunity to make sure paperwork is up together and if she caught you in any outings would have to be put on hold. Not fair on Los

Bumble Beez
15-07-2013, 06:57 AM
I did have a moan...and have been told I should have sent her away! Wish I had cos it was terrible :(

Sarah x

jax clinch
15-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Didn't know they could do that. I would hate that as although everything would be fine you have no opportunity to make sure paperwork is up together and if she caught you in any outings would have to be put on hold. Not fair on Los

Yes unfortunately it does happen and even though you may not be guilty they have to do a full inspection on the spot!!!! My Ofsted lady was day waiting in my drive for me!!!

hectors house
15-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Yes unfortunately it does happen and even though you may not be guilty they have to do a full inspection on the spot!!!! My Ofsted lady was day waiting in my drive for me!!!

Hope it went ok and the complaint won't be on your records - my friend had a big falling out with neighbour and he put in 2 separate malicious complaints about her childminding - she had 2 door step inspections within 6 months! Luckily neighbour from hell has moved now - although she has given up minding as another business she ran got very busy.

jax clinch
15-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Hope it went ok and the complaint won't be on your records - my friend had a big falling out with neighbour and he put in 2 separate malicious complaints about her childminding - she had 2 door step inspections within 6 months! Luckily neighbour from hell has moved now - although she has given up minding as another business she ran got very busy.

Unfortunately I am now inadequate until my next inspection which has to be within a year so should be before September!!! Hopefully will be ok. It was another childminder who reported me... I wouldn't mind but it was an innocent misunderstanding and the childminder in question is awful to her children!! Luckily though the families of the children I mind know how I work and we have very positive relationships so all is ok with them!

karen m
15-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I had doorstep inspection back in January , I had just come back from school drop off and we literary had 15 minutes before going back out so only got a couple of toys out , she was not impressed even though I said why we only had a couple of things once she was staying and our plans changed I got out more but by then she was on one nothing was going to make her happy. She came after a parent complained back in November that I had hit her child yes took them till January to visit really good safeguarding when I said what days I had the child she asked if I was sure , yes I was only had her 1 day a week, showed my diary " oh looks like mum has got her days wrong " I take it mum told you I was contacting my insurance for none payment , no . It is a horrible experience and would not wish it on my worst enemy. Later find out by another minder my name on the local fis states I hit child as this minder had recommended me to a parent and she told her what the FIS team had said