PDA

View Full Version : childcare.co.uk and blank profiles...

EmmaReed84
14-07-2013, 03:43 PM
... Do you message them?

Under parents seeking childcare, for my area there are TONNES of blank profiles, I have messaged a couple of the older ones but heard nothing. Now there are some new ones and have I been thinking about messaging them, but not sure what to write.

What do you say to blank profiles? I don't want to sound pushy...

Rick
14-07-2013, 03:55 PM
I don't like blank profiles but if I do message them, I introduce myself and ask whether they are looking for a childminder. I don't go any further unless they reply otherwise I might be wasting my time :D

bunyip
14-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Can anyone tell me if people are allowed to put their contact details on their profiles?

I'm not a gold member, so I don't know for sure. I didn't put contact details on my (free) profile cos I thought that would be a bit cheeky and not in the spirit of things. But a CM near me has put her phone number on in writing rather than in numerals - which I suspect may be to get round the fact that phone numbers would stick out to anyone editing the profile.

Any ideas? :huh:

Rick
14-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes contact details are moderated out of your profile. Contact details go into your 'profile plus' which only gold members can see. Every time your profile is updated, it goes into the moderation queue again. She shouldn't have got away with that!

Bumble Beez
14-07-2013, 04:27 PM
I personally don't...I find a lot of blank profiles are older ones or ones who don't want to show their requirements cos they're not the best hours etc...
Although if I was looking for work, I probably would message them just to say who I was and to see if they're still looking for childcare etc and see what happens :D

Sarah x

Rick
14-07-2013, 04:28 PM
I personally don't...I find a lot of blank profiles are older ones or ones who don't want to show their requirements cos they're not the best hours etc...
Although if I was looking for work, I probably would message them just to say who I was and to see if they're still looking for childcare etc and see what happens :D

Sarah x

My theory is I have nothing to lose. Maybe it's someone who's just looking and not sure what they want yet.....get in there first!

bunyip
14-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Yes contact details are moderated out of your profile. Contact details go into your 'profile plus' which only gold members can see. Every time your profile is updated, it goes into the moderation queue again. She shouldn't have got away with that!

Thanks for clarifying. Don't want to post names here, but should I be informing Richard in some way - or will he be browsing any thread with his company in the title?

bunyip
14-07-2013, 04:41 PM
I guess blank profiles must be a bit annoying.

Could they possibly be parents who've been lurking on the forum and seen the regular whippings handed out to the so-called "cheeky parents" who go into detail about very specific requirements? :rolleyes:

I have to confess that my profile on the county FIS providers list is almost entirely full of "please ask provider for details" - cos the pro-forma options don't fit the variable/flexible nature of the service I offer.

Rick
14-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Thanks for clarifying. Don't want to post names here, but should I be informing Richard in some way - or will he be browsing any thread with his company in the title?

I have let him know :thumbsup:

He might come back to you about the name. Thanks for bringing it up :D

bunyip
14-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I have let him know :thumbsup:

He might come back to you about the name. Thanks for bringing it up :D

Thanks. He can PM me if he wishes.

Did you know your little green "member is online" button never lit up, even when you posted that? Scary. :rolleyes:

Richard
14-07-2013, 05:06 PM
It is a serious breach of our terms and conditions to attempt to put your contact details in the main text of your profile using words. If you could please send me a PM with the screen name of this user then we will take appropriate action.

Many thanks

Richard

Rick
14-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Thanks. He can PM me if he wishes.

Did you know your little green "member is online" button never lit up, even when you posted that? Scary. :rolleyes:

.......ah the mysteries of life :laughing:

bunyip
14-07-2013, 05:35 PM
.......ah the mysteries of life :laughing:

You did it again. Is that part of your 007 training? :cool: