PDA

View Full Version : too hot or loving it?

shortstuff
14-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi all,

just wondered who is loving the heat

and

:huh:who amongst us is just finding it all too much?

bunyip
14-07-2013, 08:59 AM
The lack of replies is because we've all melted. :phew:

bernesewalking
14-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Way too hot for me :(

sprinkles
14-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Too hot! I've hardly been outside as I ended up being sick last weekend because of the heat :(

shortstuff
14-07-2013, 09:13 AM
The lack of replies is because we've all melted. :phew:

as always you have made me chuckle out loud to the point OH is looking at me like im mad lol

ziggy
14-07-2013, 09:17 AM
LOVING IT, LOVING IT, LOVING IT:jump for joy::jump for joy::jump for joy::jump for joy:

Living in Ireland we are lucky to see the sun at all, this is hottest weather since i moved here nearly 10yrs ago and I AM LOVING IT:jump for joy::jump for joy::jump for joy:

Sadly not able to go to beach as it is too hot for little ones and beach will be packed but heyho we have lovely garden and i am just hoping it lasts as i finish on Friday for 2weeks and my grandaughter is coming over:clapping:

Daisy De
14-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Hate it, hate it, hate it, my mother taught me hate is a very strong word that I shouldn't use but I still hate it, hate it, hate it!! Started a thread a few days ago asking whether people thought I needed professional help as I thought I was the only one to prefer winter to summer. :D

I believe by the end of the day I will have spontaneously combusted so I would like to take this opportunity of saying "it was good to know you all" :waving:

shortstuff
14-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Hate it, hate it, hate it, my mother taught me hate is a very strong word that I shouldn't use but I still hate it, hate it, hate it!! Started a thread a few days ago asking whether people thought I needed professional help as I thought I was the only one to prefer winter to summer. :D

I believe by the end of the day I will have spontaneously combusted so I would like to take this opportunity of saying "it was good to know you all" :waving:

yeah i read that thread x some very interesting opinions expressed x

im sure it is a word you very rarely use then so I apreciate how much you must prefer the cold x

i look forward to seeing you post tmw as im sure you will be fine with lots of fluid intake x and staying in the shade as much as possible x

im having a mare trying to keep ds in the shade as im sure he doesnt want a mottled tan while he gets over his cp's lol x he tans so easily too x

clareelizabeth1
14-07-2013, 10:02 AM
It's the night time heat that gets to me I have eczema so any heat makes me itch so combine that with trying to sleep and ds wanting feeding kind of makes a rough night.

Not to bad here today it's a sticky heat like just before a big storm.

I love a good thunder storm.

I live on the fens so its really flat so you can watch thunder that is miles away it looks amazing.

lozzy23
14-07-2013, 10:05 AM
I am enjoying seeing the sun, but it is just too hot for me.

One thing I have found really hard to control is my hayfever, last week I felt awful. But I have finally got it under control using a range of medication, never had it so bad.

shortstuff
14-07-2013, 10:13 AM
It's the night time heat that gets to me I have eczema so any heat makes me itch so combine that with trying to sleep and ds wanting feeding kind of makes a rough night.

I live on the fens so its really flat so you can watch thunder that is miles away it looks amazing.

i have had eczema for as long as i can remember but got it under control after seeing an aromatherapist, might be worth a try for you?

i now mix my own and am clear most of the time x

Daisy De
14-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Love thunder storms and being near the sea watching the waves crash in a storm

Simona
14-07-2013, 10:20 AM
I love it but would be happier if we could have 3 months of temperature around 24 degrees and a gentle breeze...dream on I hear you!!!
It's either too cold or too hot...no happy medium but it does make most people cheerful and the Vitamin D intake is a bonus

In addition is it not easier to get out and about with the kids without taking half an hour to get them ready with coats, scarves and gloves?
when that time returns we will moan it is too cold!!!

Rick
14-07-2013, 10:24 AM
I love it but would be happier if we could have 3 months of temperature around 24 degrees and a gentle breeze...dream on I hear you!!!
It's either too cold or too hot...no happy medium but it does make most people cheerful and the Vitamin D intake is a bonus

In addition is it not easier to get out and about with the kids without taking half an hour to get them ready with coats, scarves and gloves?
when that time returns we will moan it is too cold!!!

Yes but that is replaced with suncream :laughing:

shortstuff
14-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Yes but that is replaced with suncream :laughing:

yeah but the LO's cant take suncream off lol x or lose it x

kellib
14-07-2013, 10:36 AM
I love it, I love it more in holiday when I can jump in a pool to cool down or go inside an air conditioned apartment but its still fab!

The only thing that gets me about it being hot here is that you still have to go about your daily business here, popping to Asda etc in the blazing heat. I'd much prefer to be lying by the pool with people bringing me food lol

Rick
14-07-2013, 11:08 AM
yeah but the LO's cant take suncream off lol x or lose it x

......although sun hats often 'go missing' after a trip out :laughing:

Bumble Beez
14-07-2013, 01:32 PM
I love the hot weather...sun cream being spattered on every ten minutes or so isn't a problem for me...I really feel the cold so would rather it be warm!
Saying that, it's not great in Lowestoft today...bit overcast but still nice to outside getting stuff done :)

Sarah x

clareelizabeth1
14-07-2013, 07:33 PM
i have had eczema for as long as i can remember but got it under control after seeing an aromatherapist, might be worth a try for you?

i now mix my own and am clear most of the time x

I haven't tried aromatherapy. I did try Chinese medicine and it did work great, but it was really hard to drink it looked and tasted like sewage.

I will have a look in to aromatherapy

Dilly Daydream
14-07-2013, 07:59 PM
39 weeks pregnant, nesting has kicked in, all I want to do is clean but end up out of breath and sweaty after just 5 mins and suffering really really bad hayfever ..... Not loving it :(

greanan
14-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Loving the nicer weather. Puts everyone in such a good mood.

Samijanec
14-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Hating it, I've never liked it above 22... :(

blue bear
14-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Loving all but the school runs, I live at the top of a hill and it's hard going with six schoolies and a toddler.
Being too hot is such a good excuse for not doing any housework :laughing:

marnieb
14-07-2013, 09:23 PM
TOO HOT!!!! Can't breathe can't sleep sweaty & sticky all the time!!!

amanda1309
14-07-2013, 09:43 PM
I love it, but don't love what it does to my hair:(

I get hot then my hair begins to grow and my straightened bob begins to look a bit like a scary birds nest

skyblue
15-07-2013, 03:12 AM
I live it during the day but hate the fact it is too hot to sleep at night! (hence middle of night reply)! Yawn!!!

Supernanny86
15-07-2013, 04:51 AM
I live it during the day but hate the fact it is too hot to sleep at night! (hence middle of night reply)! Yawn!!!

I'm up for the exact reason!!!

hollyvilla
15-07-2013, 06:38 AM
I hate it, much prefer a cold winters day. This hot weather makes me grumpy by the end of the day and my hay fever is so much worse. We tend to stay indoors with the fans.

FussyElmo
15-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Even with suffering badly with hayfever this weather this fabulous.

Come on everyone we were complaining about how miserable the summer was lets enjoy it while we have it. I hope it last till at last oct :D

Bumble Beez
15-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Even with suffering badly with hayfever this weather this fabulous.

Come on everyone we were complaining about how miserable the summer was lets enjoy it while we have it. I hope it last till at last oct :D

What fussy said lol! Fab fab fab...just had to shout at myself for saying 'its too hot' what was I thinking!? Lol

Sarah x

Supernanny86
15-07-2013, 07:44 AM
If only I could sleep properly! But I'm not complaining we rarely get decent weather these days! Make the most of it!! It won't be long before its freezing again!! :) :)

bunyip
15-07-2013, 10:20 AM
The heat must've got to my mindee's head.

She is now asleep after a huge sulk (her usual reaction to being told "no" to anything.)

And what was it I said "no" to..................?

........................She wanted to go outside and make snow angels. :panic:

shortstuff
15-07-2013, 10:27 AM
the heat is working wonders here too, i have two mindees both asleep. Hence why i can be on here x got to see the plus sides in everything x

smurfette
15-07-2013, 10:48 AM
The heat must've got to my mindee's head.

She is now asleep after a huge sulk (her usual reaction to being told "no" to anything.)

And what was it I said "no" to..................?

........................She wanted to go outside and make snow angels. :panic:

You bad bad minder you!'

bunyip
15-07-2013, 10:53 AM
You bad bad minder you!'

:( Thinks.................

Reflective practice.................

Note in CPD log.........................

"Ensure setting is suitably equipped to avoid future emotional distress to mindee"...................

Search Amazon for "snow machine" and "lawn-sized refrigeration unit"

..........................bad minder. :(

kellyskidz!
15-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Too hot, I'm an Autumn girl.
Forget sunburn, bees and wasps, hay fever and mardy kids
Give me roaring fires, gorgeous snugly winter coats, icy breath in the air, crunchy leaves.
Ahhhh
(Don't worry sun lovers, because I've said that now it'll stay hot til October and ruin my fun:D:D)

FussyElmo
15-07-2013, 11:48 AM
:( Thinks.................

Reflective practice.................

Note in CPD log.........................

"Ensure setting is suitably equipped to avoid future emotional distress to mindee"...................

Search Amazon for "snow machine" and "lawn-sized refrigeration unit"

..........................bad minder. :(

Let her make sand angels works as well in sand as it does in snow :D

Supernanny86
15-07-2013, 12:06 PM
the heat is working wonders here too, i have two mindees both asleep. Hence why i can be on here x got to see the plus sides in everything x

Mine are asleep too, hopefully for a few hours as they're monsters today!! Lol :)

munch149
15-07-2013, 12:16 PM

Totally agree

Rubybubbles
15-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Love but not when working as can't enjoy!

bunyip
16-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Let her make sand angels works as well in sand as it does in snow :D

No sandpit: they have to be removed from sandpits at the children's centre, etc. cos they won't stop throwing the stuff.

She keeps doing the 'angels' action on the rug, so we'll soon have the right shape when she's worn the pile off it. :p