PDA

View Full Version : 5 year olds and computer programming!!

sarah707
13-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Most of my 5 year olds can teach me a thing or 2 about IPads, mobile phones and tablets / computers anyway :laughing:

Five-year-olds will learn computer programming in new curriculum | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1189964/five-year-olds-will-learn-computer-programming-new-curriculum)

And don't we teach fractions every day when we cut up apples and grapes?? :rolleyes: :D

blue bear
13-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I like the fact it.clearly states for those children that need it they should continue with literacy skills from the foundations stage, too many children are rushed through stages and don't get the time to build up their skills because for whatever reason they need longer than the average.
Yes we talk about halves and quarters all the time so that's not new. I'm sure the children will find computer programming easy it's the teachers that will need educating lol.

I find it sad that the curriculum keeps getting changed though,three of my mindees have thoroughly enjoyed their ww2 theme this term cumulative I a trip to the museum dresses as evacuees so sad that modern history is to be dropped from the curriculum and their siblings will miss out on this.