PDA

View Full Version : It's getting tight

SonnysMummy
08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Well...now over 3 months since i had my pre-reg inspection and still not registered because of CRB(AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!)...bl**d y CRB!!!

Anyway...now things are getting really tight money-wise. I've advertised loads...walking round for hours on end posting leaflets etc, and still not had any luck:( At least if i had some mindees lined up there would be a light at the end of the tunnel:( :( So now i've had to apply for a temporary job at a local office which is part time...not what i want to do at all but needs must and so i'm going to have to do some kind of work until i have some mindees and i'm registered:(

Annie_T
08-07-2008, 08:54 PM
not good hun im sure it will come thru soon and your be away minding

like you said tho needs must x

Pedagog
08-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Things will pick up

sarah707
09-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Good luck with the interview for the job!

All you can do is keep trying! xx

angeldelight
09-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Good luck hope something comes along soon

Angel xx

babyandchild
09-07-2008, 07:07 AM
It'll pick up sooner or later, it is hard when starting out. Keep your chin up and best of luck x

foxy lady
09-07-2008, 07:20 AM
hope the phone rings for you soon and good luck with the job interview

childminder54
09-07-2008, 08:00 AM
yes it is very quite in my area too but nursary by me is full untill 2010 you cannot understand it i know when they are 3 they can do 5days and only pay for 2halfdays have money off through goverment

veronicaxx

SonnysMummy
13-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Well...just as i'm so close to receiving my certificate as my fiances crb has finally come back i've now got an interview with a temping agency for a temporary job in an office. I haven't had any luck with getting any mindees lined up so basically i've got to get another job until i do get some. I really don't want to work in an office but the only way i'm going to get through it is to think it's not going to be for long...hopefully!!!
I need your advice though ladies...the job is in a garage office where only men work...i'd be the only woman!!! What do you think? I'm not sure i'll feel very comfortable but we need the money!!! It's mon-thur, 12-4.30pm so i'd still be able to do visits if i do get some enquiries. I just wish i had some mindees lined up!!! I could be starting next week!!!

Heaven Scent
13-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Go for it if you need the money - just keep thinking its not permanent and you'll get through it - All the best mindees will come crawling out ot the wood work soon - you wait and see.

miffy
13-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't let the fact that only men work there put me off - you might enjoy it!

And you never know it could bring you some childminding work!

Good luck with it and hope it won't be for too long

Miffy xx

angeldelight
14-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Hope you enjoy your new job

The men will prob be protective of you so I cant see it being a problem

Hope you dont have to stay there long

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx