PDA

View Full Version : out and about double nipper buggy

lou lou
13-07-2013, 11:03 AM
I need some advice I have been through so many buggys I have a single one a big double graco stadium duo that I hate a stroller which I dont use and all of these take up a lot of room so was thinking of getting a out and about double nipper which are expensive but thought if I have just one decent buggy this would do so my question is to people who have one of these do you just use it for when you only have one child and does it take a lot of space up when you fold it down and what is it like to push when you have two of them and by just having this buggy would it suit for all occasions for example if i just had one little one so would use this and when using transport thanks for replies just want to find out what other people do before spending out the money

cazbo05
13-07-2013, 11:20 AM
I need some advice I have been through so many buggys I have a single one a big double graco stadium duo that I hate a stroller which I dont use and all of these take up a lot of room so was thinking of getting a out and about double nipper which are expensive but thought if I have just one decent buggy this would do so my question is to people who have one of these do you just use it for when you only have one child and does it take a lot of space up when you fold it down and what is it like to push when you have two of them and by just having this buggy would it suit for all occasions for example if i just had one little one so would use this and when using transport thanks for replies just want to find out what other people do before spending out the money

I I have just bought the nipper 360 double, it's fabulous! I use it for a 2yr old and 19 mth old, so easy to push! Do school runs each day which involves up and down hills and it's so much easier than when I used my MacLaren twin. Can push easily one handed. Used it just for the 2yr old the other day and it felt just as easy! I don't drive so don't need to fold but wheels remove easily to take up less room. Comes with 2 bags attached to the back of the seat but I purchased the basket to go underneath for more storage which cost £25 but you may not need that. The children look really comfy in their seats too. Not tried on public transport yet though. Hope this helps =)

lou lou
13-07-2013, 11:31 AM
i would use it a lot for school runs so some times i may have two in the morning and then just one in the afternoon so i would want it so it is just as easy to keep just the one buggy and use it for 1 as well and get rid of all my other buggys which are taking up so much room or would i end up regretting getting rid of mu single buggy sorry so many questions?

Cottonsocks
13-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I have one & my hubby's got one too. They're so fab. I use it for 1 or 2. They're comfy & so easy to push. I wouldn't consider another pushchair now. I don't use the car with it (too many kids!) & haven't tried it on public transport. However it does fit easily through a normal doorway & along narrow pavements. I got punctures whenever the hedgerows were cut so put that slime stuff it the tyres - so far so good! I also bought the shopping basket to go under although you can fit quite a bit of stuff in the bags on the back of the seats. It isn't small when folded but its not much of a negative for me. Pros far outweigh the cons.

moggy
13-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I love mine as a double. Still have single though for when just 1 child as it is so much narrower and easier in busy places. I still use my old tandem though for very narrow places like on allotment or if I was in shops and as a spare. Had the 360's wheels slimed at a cycle shop as a puncture is pretty awful when you are out.

peppa Pig
13-07-2013, 12:03 PM
i wouldn't use it on the buses here it just would not fit, also places like my dentist are only wide enough for a single so i have kept my phil and teds for those occasions. the rest of the time I use the double nipper even with only one child in, its brilliant to push, the children are comfy and sleep well in it.

Shamai
13-07-2013, 12:15 PM
They are great but make sure you get one with front swivel wheel. It is bulky and quite heavy to lift and does not go through my doorways so have to put it up outside. It is a dream to push even with two toddlers, I've got a weak wrist and am not able to use a double McLaren type. Not sure about public transport. Defo get the green slime in tyres. I got mine secondhand from Gumtree for £60 and it had hardly been used :thumbsup:

vickylou
13-07-2013, 02:55 PM
I've had one in the past and loved it, but it def wouldn't of fit on public transport, would get through the door but once on the bus it's all the bars that causes the problems. I use a double city jogger now which I also love but again same problem, so have now invested in a brand new phil & teds for places the double is too wide for and days when I only have one. I love it as much as my city jogger easy to push even with 2!! I can finally sell on my graco stadium which is so heavy and soo long!!!

Mcgons
13-07-2013, 04:14 PM
I got mine 2nd hand too off eBay and only paid £60, but mine is the older one. The front wheel doesn't swivel but I don't find it a problem. I use mine for 2 children mostly but sometimes it's handy for one and I use the other seat to put a bigger bag in if we are going to a park or something. I think it is quite bulky, mine is stored in the garage but if it broke, I would still buy another one!

Rachel6
13-07-2013, 04:49 PM
I bought the brand new out n about nipper a few months ago & I love it,it is so light to push can hardly feel the kids in it x

*daisychain*
13-07-2013, 07:30 PM
I got mine from eBay for £90 , I LOVE IT! I was a massive fan of my Jane buggy , but this even tops the Jane, so easy to push , even with my lazy three year old son in! The little ones prefer to sleep in it too as it lays back and creates A cozy space for them with plenty of room. I would not be without mine now

jadavi
14-07-2013, 02:15 AM
Love mine. A small four year sits on the wide high footrest (special permission for from mum) giving me a 3 seater.

CH1957
14-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Love mine. A small four year sits on the wide high footrest (special permission for from mum) giving me a 3 seater.

I do this too, but I make sure I use reins and clip child to the buggy just in case they fall. I love my Nipper. If you look on their website you can buy last years model much cheaper and of course you get a guarantee. I paid £180 for mine, has the swivel front wheel and came with raincover. Only down side is it doesn't fit through my front door so have to put it up outside.