PDA

View Full Version : Funding

Nicola Carlyle
12-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Ok so I've now been asked this question twice in the last week and I honestly don't know the answer. A few parents have asked me if childminders are able to accept funding for their children (breakfast and after school club) aged 4 in full time education? They are talking about the government fund of 15 hours a week for the 3 and 4 year olds. I said that I didn't think so as when the children start school then the school draw each child's funding but it did get me thinking. Anyone know if I'm right or if its any different? All advice welcome. X

Bumble Beez
12-07-2013, 07:02 PM
No I don't think we can, I have always been under the impression it was only until full time education.
It is just a think tho, please don't assume I'm right lol!
Tbh...I don't even know where I would look for the answer...hopefully someone on here knows for sure.

Sarah x

JCrakers
12-07-2013, 08:25 PM
I offer funding and I'm pretty sure it stops when the child starts school. It's termly so my 4yr old who is starting school has finished her funding today as school finished here

butterfly
12-07-2013, 08:41 PM
I think when they take up their place at school the funding finishes.

oxfordshirecm
13-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I agree with the above- I offer the funding and it only goes up till they are in full time education

Mouse
13-07-2013, 03:52 PM
This is what some of the guidance says in the info to be provided for parents:

their right to continue to take up their free 15 hour early education place at another provider until their child reaches compulsory school age if they choose not to take up a place in a state-funded school reception class in the September following their child’s fourth birthday;

The entitlement is for free early education, not free childcare. So once a child goes to school they are in state funded education and can't claim it twice. From what it says above, if the child didn't go to reception class they could carry on receiving the 15 hours funded education. But they can no longer take up the 15hrs funding once the child starts reception class.