PDA

View Full Version : FIS and own website?

EmmaReed84
12-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Just wondering, do your FIS put a link to your own website on your page?

When I first set it all up I gave my details and they said, they didn't like to individual websites. I didn't question it, then I looked through the other childminder pages and saw the link "website" when I clicked it, it was direct to Ofsted so you could read their report. No other minder had their own website on there and at the time I knew of three minders who all had websites. Anyway, I was fine with that, sort of understood it and never thought about it since.

However, just recently I have redone my website and got new easier to remember email address... simple info@emmasexplorers.com I updated Ofsted with my new email address and telephone number, then got in touch with FIS who updated my page. We got chatting and the lady was lovely, I never once mentioned my own website, although it was obvious from my email address...

I just checked my page and they have linked my own website (To be fair I did already have a link to their site)

So now, I am top 3 in the list, have all my updated details and the only minder to have their own website on the FIS page... Woo hoo...

Please, please please... Now all I need is to fill my 2 vacancies!!!

butterfly
12-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Our FIS are happy to link to childminder's websites. I think it's a good idea. If I was looking for a childminder I'd be keen to get as much as possible before actually ringing people. Otherwise you just have a list of names and numbers to work through.

EmmaReed84
12-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Our FIS are happy to link to childminder's websites. I think it's a good idea. If I was looking for a childminder I'd be keen to get as much as possible before actually ringing people. Otherwise you just have a list of names and numbers to work through.

Well now... I STAND OUT!!! :thumbsup: :clapping:

Just clicked through all the other minders pages for my area again and every single on is to Ofsted, apart from mine. :D

jackie 7
12-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I must do a web site. Will look at the help on here. Well done on getting to the top.y fis lists minders from a point in our city but no nod knows where it is. Also not in any order. I am near the bottom and can't move.

sarah707
12-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Ours links to websites - and email addresses which, if you use Gmail and set it up with a bit of planning - can also link to your business name :D