PDA

View Full Version : what to charge

chris goodyear
12-07-2013, 08:08 AM
I have asked on here previously and got a reply so thanks all. It was how much to charge for overnight but I forgot to say it was for more than one child. My family has 2 schoolies age 6 & 8 and now a baby who will be 6 months when I have them back. So my question is do I charge separately or as a whole? I was quoted before to charge £40 - £60 per night - so would that be for all 3? I couldn't possibly ask for that amount for each?

jillplum
12-07-2013, 12:44 PM
I have never done overnight care but I would work out my hourly charges for them and add some extra for anti social hours. You need to make it worth your while so its what suits you really.

butterfly
12-07-2013, 12:48 PM
I have always said £40 per night - that's from 7pm to 7am so 12 hours at £3.33 per hour when during the day I usually charge £4.50/hr. I would say yes you have to charge per child - you could possibly do it for a small discount as it's 3 of them. I would probably agree to £100 per night for the three of them. When I've done it I didn't get any sleep at all so don't be fooled that it's easy work!

shortstuff
13-07-2013, 08:09 AM
The children may sleep but they may not settle as it isnt home. Dont sell yourself short x decide what a sleepless night is worth for your whole family as it potentially wont just disturb you x