PDA

View Full Version : Triple buggy advice - so confused

MacFi
11-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I am planning on buying a triple adventure buggy for three kids, 15 / 25 /27 months but can't work our if I should go for the single with two facing you above or the single with one on top and one in front.

I have a nipper 360 which I love and have used for three years but it doesn't fit through our front door so don't want this again, hence not the double with one on top.

Is there anyone who lives in South West London or near who has either combination that they wouldn't mind me having a look at.

Or have you got any advice on either?

Such a huge amount of money so want to make the right choice!
Thanks

SammySplodger
11-07-2013, 04:08 PM
They do come up on eBay and Gumtree regularly, if you are patient and not needing one ASAP you may get a good price. I managed to buy a single with one top seat for £215, got a front seat separately and am currently awaiting a parcel from NZ with the front seat bars. All in it has cost me just under £400 for a triple. Still a lot of money, but I believe it will be worth it.

Personally, I could not fit the twin top seat through my doorway and, while it says it's ok and not 'top heavy', I just don't like the look of it. But I've never actually tried one like that, so I could be talking rubbish.

I'm in Sussex and you are welcome to look at it, but the front bars have not arrived yet (any day now!). Bit excited!

HTH

butterfly
11-07-2013, 05:31 PM
From a purely 'communication friendly' point of view I prefer buggies facing you so that you can interact with the children as much as possible. Sorry not a practical comment just something to think about especially if you know you'll be out with it a lot.

samb
11-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Just as another option... I have just bought an easy x rider to fit my double phil and teds (side by side). The x rider is a buggy board with a poor that comes up with a seat on with a lap strap and handle bar. It fits so many buggies- should it your nipper. Just an idea. I have done this as I couldn't afford a triple but need to transport 3 18 months and younger from sept one day a week.

MacFi
11-07-2013, 06:40 PM
I have had a look on ebay and they just seem so expensive when you can get one in mint condition in the colour and combination that you want.

Sammy can you see over or round the top seat, just worried that I might struggle as only 5ft 5. Also do you use the four wheel stability kit and finally do normal cosy toes fit as they are so expensive and I was going to get navy so my nipper ones would match.

I have looked after one child every day for three years but going up to two in September when my oldest starts school, I think I am just nervous about getting out and about as we visit so many play groups etc. Sometimes other minders get sniffy about people who have three being money grabbing and want to look capable if you see what I mean?

SammySplodger
11-07-2013, 07:25 PM
I have had a look on ebay and they just seem so expensive when you can get one in mint condition in the colour and combination that you want.

Sammy can you see over or round the top seat, just worried that I might struggle as only 5ft 5. Also do you use the four wheel stability kit and finally do normal cosy toes fit as they are so expensive and I was going to get navy so my nipper ones would match.

I have looked after one child every day for three years but going up to two in September when my oldest starts school, I think I am just nervous about getting out and about as we visit so many play groups etc. Sometimes other minders get sniffy about people who have three being money grabbing and want to look capable if you see what I mean?

I am 5ft 6 and can see over the top ok. Defo round the sides. You kind of get used to it.

You need 4 wheels on it with 2 and definitely for 3 - tried it without and not great / tippy on bumpy ground 'fully loaded'. Might be ok on very flat pavements with 2 lighter children though.

I use Buggy Snuggles and they fit fine (just get ones with several height strap holes).

It does attract attention and questions from passers by - Just to warn you!

Re: eBay prices - I was watching them for months so I knew what was a bargain and what wasn't - I paid £215 for the single with one extra seat, in better condition than some that were going for £400! I have saved myself about £300 this way and most of mine is barely used. It has taken me months to get all the bits together though. I also have the colour I would have actually chosen (Mediterranean Blue). Saw loads of Camo ones: they don't hold their price as well.

There is a chance I'll decide that I really don't want to look after 3 teeny ones, so I didn't want to risk paying out the extra £300 to buy new. I'm pretty certain if I sell it on ever I will get back what I have paid out (possibly even slightly more).

By the way: me and my DH went away to a festival last weekend without our kids and we actually took the ABC Adventure with us! We used it to transport all our camping stuff from carpark to camping field. Worked a treat! And it breaks down into a ridiculously small pile of stuff when not in use. Others were making several backbreaking trips to their cars and we just had one. Also: we went to an outdoor gig recently and my six year old crashed out at about 10.30 pm in it. He's pretty huge, but it still felt ok to push and he was comfortable. They are truly built to last!

HTH x