PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical numbers question....

marnieb
11-07-2013, 12:27 PM
right - in a few weeks J leaves me after almost 2yrs & 8 months of minding him, it's going to be a very sad day :(

However, I have been VERY lucky and have signed up a 5 day a week baby who starts the week after!

Another one H is leaving too (going to school anyway), and it was originally meant to be same week as J - BUT her grandad has just died very unexpectedly, mum is on her own anyway and she has had to deal with fall out from the death as well.

She has just asked if I can have J for the odd day if she needs to help her mum, of course I want to say yes, but it may mean I would have own dd, new baby, J & H on the same day - 4 under 5.

Would it be classed as continutiy of care for H? I know the baby is new business.......

Help!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
11-07-2013, 12:54 PM
I think that you need to record H as leaving and then as C of C have him back - as long as you can justify if Ofsted call then you are fine

Bumble Beez
11-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes I think it would count as continuity of care for little one who is supposed to be leaving however I would risk assess the situation first.
It would be different if all LO's were staying and you were taking on new baby as number 4...
I hate how confusing the ratio deal has become :rolleyes:

sarah707
11-07-2013, 06:09 PM
It's definitely exceptional circumstances - how awful for the family :( You can't turn away the new business because it's all booked in, parents are relying on you, contracts are in place etc - so for that reason I think you could confidently argue continuity of care as well.

Hth :D

marnieb
12-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Thank you Sarah knew I could count on you!!!! :-)

sing-low
12-07-2013, 09:53 PM
It's definitely exceptional circumstances - how awful for the family :( You can't turn away the new business because it's all booked in, parents are relying on you, contracts are in place etc - so for that reason I think you could confidently argue continuity of care as well.

Hth :D

Sarah, are you saying that continuity of care starts from signing of contracts, not when the child actually starts with you?

oxfordshirecm
13-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I read it as yes you can especially as it will be for the odd day here and there

Kirstylob
14-07-2013, 01:33 PM
So does continuity of care start from the dates contracts are signed or from when child actually starts?
I have a query over available spaces and this could really help.

marnieb
14-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Kirsty. - I filled my space thinking this child was leaving but due to these circumstances. Mum has asked me to help out a bit longer , if you are unsure about your own spaces/situation then post on here or pm Sarah for help x

Kirstylob
14-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Mine is similar, but I will post seperatly. Thanks.