PDA

View Full Version : Going through MM for no payment

leeanne910
11-07-2013, 11:00 AM
So end of may parent didnt pay fees. Then children were 'sick' but as stated in contracts fees afe still due. Mum didnt pay. 2 letters were sent. Then i had to terminate contract due to no payment and go through my insurance with MM.

They sent sorted solicitors and they sent paperwork through (forgettin prepaid envelope as yhe pack said) eventually sent the envelope. So i sent copies of contracts invoices and letters and heard nothing since...

Anyone else used MM.... and does it take forever? Feel like i will never see the 708 owed plus i lost a full time mindee which has made a big financial impact on my family its put us in debt.

Bumble Beez
11-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Luckily I have never had to go thru insurance for fee payments...I had one family owe me £180 and were refusing to pay...said that I would have no option but to take it further as I felt I was in the right and the next day I had cash put thru the letterbox!
Never heard from the family again :P
However, situations like this is why we have insurance and contracts in place...

sarah707
11-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I had a bad debt a few years ago and MM were very helpful. I suggest you give them a call and find out where your claim is in the system.

Hugs xx

bindy
12-07-2013, 05:43 PM
So end of may parent didnt pay fees. Then children were 'sick' but as stated in contracts fees afe still due. Mum didnt pay. 2 letters were sent. Then i had to terminate contract due to no payment and go through my insurance with MM.

They sent sorted solicitors and they sent paperwork through (forgettin prepaid envelope as yhe pack said) eventually sent the envelope. So i sent copies of contracts invoices and letters and heard nothing since...

Anyone else used MM.... and does it take forever? Feel like i will never see the 708 owed plus i lost a full time mindee which has made a big financial impact on my family its put us in debt.

MM were not good at giving me any advice regarding notice period. I did it all myself through small claims. Hope it works out for you that's a lot of money to be down. NCMA were good and at least gave me advice over the phone, Reason I am going back to them!

leeanne910
17-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Just an update.....solicitor gave to me seems a bit slow on the job. Money that has been due since may. Mm were cobtacted june. Its agust and only now the parent is going to recieve a letter.

Wonder how longer i will wait. Oh and in my letter it says parent doesnt own her home so if she doesnt pay up. The payment cant be enforced!!!

Dont think i will see my 700!!

bunyip
17-08-2013, 09:53 AM
This is exactly why CMs need to be insisting on payment in advance every time. :(

Hope you get the money eventually.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2013, 12:14 PM
But she does have a job and you have the right to go to the small claims court and send the bailiffs in. Bailiffs cost £100 and I doubt your insurance will cover this. Also they can ask for the money to be taken from her wages.

Simona
17-08-2013, 09:53 PM
The only way to ensure you are never 'out of pocket' is to get a '4 weeks deposit' at the start of care...you are entitled to do this and as parents do not pay you take the money owed from that then you end the care

No way should parents owe cms so much money and for many months...some cms are letting non payment of fees running too long and insurances will not cover that

Don't want to be patronising but I have never experienced non payment over so long or, in fact at anytime...think about your business and what applies to other services...would your supermarket allow you non payment for months...NOT!!

Easy to talk about taking parents to a small claims court...it is expensive just to file the initial application and all the paperwork involved plus loss of earnings when you have to attend...avoid it if you can with simple precautions!