PDA

View Full Version : thinking of putting gazebo up on grass ? is it going to provide any protection?

mrs robbie williams
11-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Buy Tesco PE Gazebo 2.4mx2.4m Green from our Gazebos range - Tesco.com (http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-pe-gazebo-24mx24m-green/465-7239.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=465-7239)

got a 1yr old this afternoon and adhoc through summer hols and she is toddling about so fine in garden but she is bald :cool: wont keep hat on - so thought if I put sandpit or toys on blanket under this it may help? am I wasting money (again :laughing:)

Rick
11-07-2013, 06:39 AM
You might have to keep moving it around during the day. Just to show mindees what happens with shadows I drew around the shadow of my parasol. In 5 minutes it had noticeably moved! :laughing:

Bumble Beez
11-07-2013, 07:09 AM
I would invest for the amount it'll cost...however one with sides may be a better idea to keep LO contained for slightly longer.
Would also come in handy for winter time for outdoor play too :D

Sarah x

Daisy De
11-07-2013, 07:16 AM
I have a large garden with almost no shade and my gazebo is essential.

It is one with three detachable sides though not like the one from Tesco but with all three sides up it is like a sauna.

I just put one side up blocking the sun creating lots of shade, then mid afternoon I move the side over to the opposite side. Works well and takes a couple of minutes to move the side panel. I put sand, water table etc underneath and everyone can play safely. Obviously, though one with sides would cost more than the Tesco one.

Mind you if she is toddling how long would she stay underneath it even if there are toys, although if she won't wear a hat for £10 its probably worth a try.

hectors house
11-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Would it be cheaper to find a bonnet sun hat that ties under the chin - that way the shade goes with her?

I have got a gazebo up covers most of my lawn - I can move the water table under it and a table for drawing at, but most of the time they want to play with sand pit on patio, chalking on patio which doesn't get any shade until mid day.

mrs robbie williams
11-07-2013, 10:50 AM
decided not to bother - not v sunny here at mo anyway will put hat on her and keep putting back on lol

Rubybubbles
11-07-2013, 02:31 PM
my garden is a mega sun trap so I have my mega 3x4 gazebo up in middle during the day it offers loads of protection as I also have a large panel attached, it mean I can put focus things under like the water tray, rockers chilling area ect.

Funny though last week me and buggiesmoo were under it whilst the kids where racing aorund else where haha

MaffAnna
12-07-2013, 08:53 AM
I have retractable washing lines, and often hang a tarpaulin or blanket or similar to provide some shade. It doesn't take up too much space and can be moved (assuming you have something the tie the other end to!).

I also find them good for hanging music toys or cds or wind catchers :)