PDA

View Full Version : Milk?!

ktdg85
10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I have been childminding since October and have never claimed for milk. I tried claiming through one company and for whatever reason it didn't work, I have take on another child now though and its starting to add up, with my own little boy too it feels like I need a cow in the garden.

What companies do people use or how do I go about getting what the children are entitled to?

Thanks in advance

Katie

moggy
10-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I buy it from my milk man to keep it separate from my family's supermarket milk- Milkman brings me British organic full fat in proper glass bottles to my doorstep. I order online with milkman, online invoices, very handy.

I claim from Nursery milk Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk) which is the central, government way to claim with no middle men. Very easy, all online, monthly claims, I can email my milkman's pdf invoices to them if needed (sometimes need to to prove the cost), they pay you back almost instantly direct to bank account.

It is 1/3 of a pint per child per day, website says:

'The Nursery Milk Scheme enables:

Children under 5 to receive free of charge 189 ml (1/3 pint) of milk for each day they attend approved day care facilities for 2 hours or more.
Babies aged under 12 months may instead receive dried baby milk made up to 189ml (1/3 pint).'

There is full info on that nursery milk website and how to apply.

You than put the cost of the milk as an expenditure though your books and the refund as an income.

ktdg85
10-07-2013, 07:39 PM
That's brilliant, thank you!! Will have a look on nursery milk now and register :-)