PDA

View Full Version : How long between DBS clearance and visit?

Newtochildcare
10-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi,

I received my DBS certificate back on Saturday morning, much sooner than I expected, which is great.:jump for joy: I understand now from Ofsted, that they don't get informed by the DBS that I've been given the all clear, so need to send my certificate off to them. I was wondering if anyone knew how long, after sending the cert off, that it would normally take for Ofsted to get in touch to arrange the visit?

Thanks

Mummycaitlin
29-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Id love to know this too! Anyone any advice please. Do u send actual cert or a copy? X

Emra81
29-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I think they get informed of your dbs check being completed but they don't get a copy any more. I had a call from ofsted the day mine and dh's checks landed on the doormat saying they had been done but I needed to send the originals to them.

I sent a stamped self-address envelope with the originals and paid for them to go recorded delivery in both directions. Posted them Monday and had them back by the Friday. I was shocked!

Emra81
29-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Ooh and I've no idea how long it is between dbs checks and pre reg visit because we're still waiting for dh's ssafa check to come back as he used to be in the army....very frustrating! Hope your visits are soon x

Newtochildcare
31-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Well, I know the answer to my own question now!! I sent my DBS certs to them on a Monday, recieved them back on the Friday of that week, and got a call from an inspector the following Tuesday! I've got my visit booked in for Tuesday 6th! :panic: Pretty quick, as Ofsted had told me it could take up to four weeks, just to get a phone call!

I'm sure I'll be asking you lovely lot, a few more questions between now and then! :D xx

Emra81
31-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Yey that's fab news! I'll be thinking of you...how exciting! x

Little_steps
31-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Wow. Not long left for you now! Well done

dawntom
05-08-2013, 08:27 PM
wow thats really quick. I am at the sending dbs certificate off stage. not sure if i should wait a while now!