PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted

charlottenash
10-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Just had a call for my first graded inspection, he just asked what days I have children etc. then said 'ok you will hear from us'.

What on earth does that mean!!! I asked him will I hear from them or will they turn up and he just said 'you'll hear from them bye'

How much notice do I get. I'm pretty much ready I am NOT stressing about this at all. I can't handle stress I will get everything I can together and try my best.

Bumble Beez
10-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Well I was always under the impression that they phones to find out your movements for that week and then showed up on one of those days...however my last one I had no phone call, just came back to an inspector on my doorstep after school run and was told she thought she would call on me as she was in the area and had a spare day?! Threw me completely and kids were completely out of routine etc...
Hey ho, these things are sent to test us aren't they!!
My feeling would be that they'll call within the next wk but cant ever be sure of anything with ofsted!!

Sarah x

charlottenash
10-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Surely if they turned up completely unannounced you'd have a right to turn them away? I'd be happy to let them in but wouldn't have any folders out ready etc.

Bumble Beez
10-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Well I did consider it for a split second and then thought 'nope, just get it over and done with!' Wish I had send her packing tho cos she was horrendous and I felt terrible for days when she left!!
Fingers crossed you get a nicer inspector than me ;)

Sarah x

charlottenash
10-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Don't know if I could handle that kind of stress lol!

Bumble Beez
10-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Lol!! My body didn't handle it...it went into shut down over the wknd following her visit on the Thursday! Lol!!

Sarah x