PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting services and New Years Eve?

EmmaReed84
10-07-2013, 01:06 PM
I offer a babysitting service as well childminding and my fee is

Mon-Thur 7.30pm to midnight £25. £4 per half an hour after midnight until 2.30am

Friday and Saturday 7.30pm to midnight £35. £5 per half and hour after midnight until 2.30am

I was thinking of offering a New Years Eve tariff from 7.30pm to 01.30am but not sure what is a reasonable amount to charge.

shortstuff
14-07-2013, 09:32 AM
I offer a babysitting service as well childminding and my fee is

Mon-Thur 7.30pm to midnight £25. £4 per half an hour after midnight until 2.30am

Friday and Saturday 7.30pm to midnight £35. £5 per half and hour after midnight until 2.30am

I was thinking of offering a New Years Eve tariff from 7.30pm to 01.30am but not sure what is a reasonable amount to charge.

I would say it greatly depends on how much you value your new years eve? do you usually celebrate yourself? maybe a starting rate of £60/70? depending on how late you intend to stay. Also what effect would it have on any family you have?

butterfly
14-07-2013, 10:56 AM
I would say at least £75 till 1.30am. I would expect to pay a premium on important nights like New Years Eve.

bunyip
14-07-2013, 11:26 AM
For me the questions would be:

Is New Year's Eve particularly important to me?
Can you see this as a purely supply & demand situation?
Is this a regular or a one-off?

To me, it's not an important celebration (in fact, it's a noisy, ridiculous nuisance, but that's another debate:rolleyes:).

I did a lot of babysitting when I was studying and made a big mistake over New Year's Eve. I took on a New Year's Eve booking for someone I'd never worked for before. I charged my usual rate on the promise of "definite" future bookings, and turned down a subsequent request from a lovely existing client cos I'd already promised myself for the evening. You know what's coming, dontcha? Yup. I did the one night and didn't hear from the couple - well, not until the following year, at which point AFAIwasC, they could "do one". :mad:

Koala
14-07-2013, 01:03 PM
£100.00 definitely make it worth your while - If I wanted to celebrate on that special night - I would pay it.

And your a star for offering it.

EmmaReed84
14-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Thank you everyone.

I did have a figure of about £75-£100 in my head, just didn't know if it was either way too much or too little.

Personally I love NYE, and love being with my family, but at the moment, with the loss of one of my mindees our survival is more important then one night of the year, that happens EVERY year!

And OMG... this to FOREVER TO WRITE OUT! I have been in the garden on the Cider, and cannot type to save my life LOL!!!!!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
*ROLLY HEAD MAKING ME FEEL.... ROLLY*

bunyip
14-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Thank you everyone.

I did have a figure of about £75-£100 in my head, just didn't know if it was either way too much or too little.

Personally I love NYE, and love being with my family, but at the moment, with the loss of one of my mindees our survival is more important then one night of the year, that happens EVERY year!

And OMG... this to FOREVER TO WRITE OUT! I have been in the garden on the Cider, and cannot type to save my life LOL!!!!!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
*ROLLY HEAD MAKING ME FEEL.... ROLLY*

:laughing: You must be following the bunyip approach to Five-A-Day:

3 pints of cider
1 pint of perry
1 bag of cheese & onion

:D

EmmaReed84
14-07-2013, 03:58 PM
More like

Red Berries
Strawberries and lime
raspberries

Just need some apple cider and pear cider then I am done!!!

covgalxxx
14-07-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm pre-reg at moment but would say £100, I would love to do that to make money but I don't drive... Luckily you with the cider my excitement is A cold glass of Pepsi max after I cooked teas bathed girls.. Enjoy your evening x

Koala
14-07-2013, 04:15 PM
:laughing: You must be following the bunyip approach to Five-A-Day:

3 pints of cider
1 pint of perry
1 bag of cheese & onion

:D

And a KitKat

bunyip
14-07-2013, 04:20 PM
And a KitKat

We all know chips is a vegetable too. :thumbsup:

jackie 7
14-07-2013, 05:54 PM
A lot depends on where you live. In London it is £12-15 an hour normally. It should be more for a Saturday night then I would charge triple my hourly rate. After years of 2 nights free babysitting as a nanny I expect to get a proper amount for giving up my evening.

Mrsh3103
14-07-2013, 08:55 PM
I'd say £100 too :)