PDA

View Full Version : what do your little ones/mindees wear in paddling pool?

ziggy
10-07-2013, 11:40 AM
I bought a paddling pool yesterday. Children here yesterday had brought swimwear.

Today I put it up for younger children aged almost 3 and 4yrs.

Girl mindee (almost 3) said 'I havent got my swimsuit'.

Seemed a shame to miss out so i just let her and other 2 boys wear pants/knickers and lots of suncream. Then when finished put dry spare pants/knickers on.

Now i had problem with girls mother on another matter at weekend and bit concerned now she may be unhappy about her child being in paddling pool just in her pants.

Tunja
10-07-2013, 11:42 AM
I bought a paddling pool yesterday. Children here yesterday had brought swimwear.

Today I put it up for younger children aged almost 3 and 4yrs.

Girl mindee (almost 3) said 'I havent got my swimsuit'.

Seemed a shame to miss out so i just let her and other 2 boys wear pants/knickers and lots of suncream. Then when finished put dry spare pants/knickers on.

Now i had problem with girls mother on another matter at weekend and bit concerned now she may be unhappy about her child being in paddling pool just in her pants.

Mine wear spare pants and teeshirt.
Tunja

catlyn
10-07-2013, 11:43 AM
mine were in ours yesterday those without costumes wore pants and a t shirt....cant see any parents having a problem with that???

kellib
10-07-2013, 12:00 PM
My 18 month mindee was in one in her vest yesterday, my friends 3 year old was in his pants (though would have been naked if we'd allowed it lol) and my 8 year old had his swimming trunks on after going in fully clothed!

Wee Care
10-07-2013, 12:03 PM
My sons (7 and 9) go in with their pants or swimming trunks, depends how desperate they are to get in there...lol.

FizzWizz
10-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Most of my mums provide swimming costumes but if they didn't I'd happily put them in a a spare vest / t shirt and pants or swim nappies, never considered some parents may have a prob with this tbh!

ziggy
10-07-2013, 12:45 PM
thank you. mum just collected and was ok about it

Chimps Childminding
10-07-2013, 12:57 PM
I usually put a tee shirt on with pants/nappy - just to stop the risk of them getting burnt as much as anything (plus suncream of course :blush:)

loocyloo
10-07-2013, 12:59 PM
pants/tshirts/nappies/shorts/dresses and even the occasional swim suit!

I have spares for all children and we just see how we go!

we don't even really do swim stuff when we go to the beach with mindees.

amanda1309
10-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Mine would either be swim wear or underwear and t shirts

Lick'le Oakes
10-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Mine wear their pants and my T hirts that I use for, water play, painting and messy play. They are basicly my 10 year old sons old school uniform t shirts that I keep, they really come in handy especially for painting.