PDA

View Full Version : Hay fever

Mrsh3103
10-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Can I have some advice from some of you hay fever sufferers.

Lo came today, mum said as its not hot & sunny I didn't think he'd need to take any hay fever medication this morning.
Well we are currently sat in the house, all windows & doors tightly shut. His eyes & nose haven't stopped running since 9am. He's rubbing his eyes & sneezing constantly, poor kid.

I've sent his mum a message asking if she can bring me some medication (she's in meetings all day but can pick up messages). So far no response. If I haven't heard anything by 11am I'll phone.
Anyone have any ideas how I can help him until she arrives? Thanks

FussyElmo
10-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Honestly nothing you could try bathing his eyes with tepid water to see if that stops them scratching but there is really nothing you can do :(

Poor lo fancy not giving him stuff because it wasn't sunny :(

butterfly
10-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Poor thing! I have to say mine is often worse when the sun is not out especially if its just rained or is windy!

I take my medication all season long as it builds up.

when its really bad I wash my face and hands a lot to clean off the pollen, sucking an ice pop helps but really and truly you need medication!

Wee Care
10-07-2013, 10:02 AM
I find putting a damp flannel over my face and breathing through it for a bit helps...but that could just be me x

Helen79
10-07-2013, 12:00 PM
a cold flannel will help on his face. If he's your only mindee then a cool bath will help cool him down and relieve the itchiness. I get really hot and irritable when I'm constantly itchy and sneezing so a cold bath or flannel really helps. If you've got other kids and can't give a bath then maybe some water play or get him in the paddling pool.

I'd ask mum to get a bottle to keep at your house just in case and get her to sign every morning to say if she's given any or not so you know if you can or not.

AliceK
10-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Poor little mite. I've been suffering for weeks as mine started when it was the tree pollen, it's now grass pollen which isn't as bad for me. I had a LO arrive on Monday and mum had forgotten to give her her meds, luckily I have a bottle here for my own DD so mum agreed I could give her it (it's the same as they use). It's so horrid and makes you so miserable.

xxx

Mrsh3103
10-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Well I finally got hold of mum. She said woops he'll have to play indoors then.
I'm a bit annoyed. Luckily it's only him & ds9months today.

emma04
10-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Another case of a "thoughtless/thick parent"

Sorry if that offends but it's true!

Mrsh3103
10-07-2013, 01:04 PM
I bet she didn't forget to take her medication or to take it to work with her.