PDA

View Full Version : Unthinkable and hard to fathom!

emma04
10-07-2013, 09:07 AM
This website is from the States and warns people of the dangers and consequences of leaving children in hot cars.
Of course, it is rare in the UK as our weather is not often very warm! However, at the moment, this website is worth a read and worth sharing!

http://www.kidsandcars.org/heatstroke.html

munch149
10-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Wow read three stories and all were about the Parent forgetting the child was in the car. Scary thought how easily it could happen and how would you ever forgive yourself

rickysmiths
10-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Have you ever forgotten that you have children in the car with you?

I never have!

emma04
10-07-2013, 09:42 AM

I never have!

That's what I mean by 'unthinkable and hard to fathom'
I can't imagine doing it to be honest!

Although when I have a day off, I sometimes pause at the front door, before leaving the house, just to rethink whether or not anyone is in bed asleep!!

As childminders, I think the majority of us have our numbers for the day, fixed in our heads starting the night before!!!
I do a lot of counting to 4 !! Lol

scottishlass
10-07-2013, 09:50 AM

I never have!

Not much chance of that - my 2 never shut up!!

Mouse
10-07-2013, 10:17 AM
I sat in the car the other day while DH ran into a shop. I had the windows open, but it was so hot I had to get out of the car before he came back. He was gone less than 10 minutes.

At the time I said to him about people leaving dogs in cars on hot days & how quickly they must over heat. I couldn't stand the heat for more than a few minutes.

I didn't even think about children left in cars. I would imagine the damage could be done in a very short time :(

Ripeberry
10-07-2013, 11:02 AM
This is another reason why I also hate cars with dark blackout windows. People think that they are cooler but this is untrue and if anyone did leave a dog or a child in there, they'd never be spotted.