PDA

View Full Version : trying to declutter, what toys do I need?

Npg1
10-07-2013, 09:06 AM
I have a 19mth old and 10mth old. I have a storage cupboard full of toys, some are repeats eg several shape sorters. I have mega blocks, doll and buggy, baby toys, need some garden toys as just moved house and nothing fits! Can anyone recommend something for garden please? Have got a sand water tray.

Thanks

butterfly
10-07-2013, 09:29 AM
for the garden I have:

a chalk board mounted on the fence,
a little play house
a climbing frame which gets turned into a den with a blanket
three tuff spots for various sand/water/sensory/mud/exploratory play
a pop up tepee
a fence for clipping paper too for painting and mark making
a few wheelbarrow/trolley type things for transporting
a bag of balls/beanbags/stuff to throw and catch with
a big rug for putting on the grass to take indoor stuff outside

maisiemog
10-07-2013, 09:59 AM
I've just had a massive clear out and declutter. DHs one condition to me continuing to mind was that the house had to look like a home not a nursery. I've brought some cupboard that you can't see the toys in and have brought a lot of storage boxes and things go in the shed now and get rotated! We obviously have some toys on display as I've told DH that this is also DDs home and she should have toys to play with. We have things on the wall in our hallway where we can't see them in an evening!

In the garden I have ride ons, sand pit, paddling pool, chalk board, water table, play house and balls.

SJ35
10-07-2013, 10:18 AM
In moving house soon too. We thought we were moving to a big house with a massive garden but as we are renting we have decided to move to a smaller one for 12 months to try and save a bit of money and then move again next year.
I'm going to have to seriously declutter too :(
Finding it very hard though!
X

Petshrinklj
10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
I find decluttering really hard. I think I'm a toy addict actually. But as you can't really get in the playroom anymore for toys I do need to cull them A bit or i won't have any space for any mindees lol. But Whenever I decide a toy can go and put it in my 'carboot pile' one of my kids will start playing with it and then I change my mind.

mrs robbie williams
10-07-2013, 02:00 PM
im only going to have one mindee the majority of the school holidays and a 1yr, 2yr and 5yr a couple of days during july/august so im going to have a mass tidy up tonight when mindee leaves at 4, she is tto and her mum breaks up today so she wont be back until 3rd sept. Im going to leave out ride on, cars, ball, kitchen bits, sandpit in garden, little tykes car, books, blackboard and chalk which are going to be outside in garden, couple of dolls and that's about it. I find the less he has the happier is. Plus planning on spending lots of time outside in garden, at local farm, park, country park, zoo xx

sarah707
10-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Watch what the children play with ... and keep a selection of the things you know they will enjoy as they get older :D

Bumble Beez
10-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Watch what the children play with ... and keep a selection of the things you know they will enjoy as they get older :D

This is what I did when I slimmed down at the beginning of the year...tallied up what was played with most and what gave the LO's the best learning opportunities and the rest was either binned or donated :D

Sarah x

hectors house
10-07-2013, 06:28 PM
This is what I did when I slimmed down at the beginning of the year...tallied up what was played with most and what gave the LO's the best learning opportunities and the rest was either binned or donated :D

Sarah x

This is really hard as have had mindees who love the Happystreet farm, train tracks, people, vehicles etc - but the lot I have now (7 different ones from 4 months to 4 years) - would rather play with the cushions of the sofa than play with it. But I am loathed to get rid of it as I'm sure in time someone will like it again. Please, please, like Happystreet someone!

munch149
10-07-2013, 08:04 PM
I find this really hard as like them to be provided with different things. I also think what my mindees like now will probably differ from the toys future mindees will like and if I get rid of something I might regret It. Bit of a hoarder when it comes to minding stuff. Recently had my playroom described as cluttered on my feedback form and I can't deny it cos it really is. Is looking better recently as invested in more storage but still can't find homes for all my buggies and car seats etc

Ali56
10-07-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm just about to take a deep breath and de clutter at the weekend! I want to change everything around to make a better learning environment for the 4 two year olds and the 19m old I currently have! (not all at the same time!) And I have lots of toys that we don't really use for one reason or another, so they can go.
For the garden I have 3 sand/water tables-because I like to put different things in them! Then there is the playhouse, ride ons, balance bikes, trikes, 3 cosy coupes, big bag of hula hoops, lawn mower, seesaw, 2 large storage containers of all the small stuff-buckets and spades, tractors, bats, balls, golf clubs, skipping rope, balance board, tarpaulin, camo net, beanbags, egg n spoons, sacks, bubble wands/mix and lots, lots more!!
Hubby hates it when I go shopping...or a car boot...I can't help myself. I justify it by saying that I'd rather spend it on the kids than give it to the tax man!!