PDA

View Full Version : Overhearing LOUD conversations!!!

Nicola Carlyle
09-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Ok so I was at school picking tiddlies up when I'm sat in the playground with 4 kids already and waiting on two more coming back from a trip. There is just us and another parent on her phone with a toddler in her pushchair, talking VERY LOUDLY swearing etc. I'm gobsmacked. Should I have said excuse me can you mind your language there are kids around or just ignore, even though all my kids gasped and younger ones repeated what she said?

CLL
09-07-2013, 03:08 PM
I was waiting in the school yard yesterday with 2 babies and I had to tell a mum she could not light up her cigarette there. She looked at me as if I told her she had 2 heads.

mandy moo
09-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I would have moved me and the kids to another part of the playground, Im not much good at confrontation.

jackie 7
09-07-2013, 03:59 PM
I might have started to sing the wheels on the bus gery loudly to drown out get rudeness.

Mrsh3103
09-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Our school finishes at 3:05. Gates used to open at 2:45 for parents. Now it's 3:00 before we can go in as there were parents having loud conversations where every other word is a swear word with each other & on the phone right outside open classroom windows.
There are some parents who have no respect for other people. They stand in the gate way smoking so everyone has to walk through a cloud of smoke- makes me angry

MessybutHappy
09-07-2013, 04:32 PM
I've have challenged her, but I'm quite confident and happy to have a go if I feel wrong has been done!

I guess I'd suggest move away, tell the children why (because the last wasn't speaking nicely) & then report her to the school!

Petshrinklj
09-07-2013, 08:33 PM
I know what you mean Hun. I have overheard some terrible stuff. One dad made very racist remarks about someone he believed to have taken his parking space. :rolleyes: And told his kid (4 year old reception kid in my sons class) to stab The ... 'racist term' I emailed head teacher I was furious. And just today my neighbour had music on ridiculously loud and lyrics were full of swear words. Horrible. she has a toddler herself so don't know what she was thinking.
Sorry just highjacked your post with my own rants lol.

Tazmin68
09-07-2013, 08:43 PM
I cab beat that today right at the second school gate where reception class come out a parent was smoking and was drinking a large can of stella we were shocked